nhra rules about 4pt roll bar

-

71dustar

Reaction score
how fast am i allowed to run with a 4pt roll bar? although i know i wont be running any where in close to where it probably will allow me to, i'd still like to know for the future.thanks

I'm going to guess 11.49, after that you need a door bar IIRC.

how fast am i allowed to run with a 4pt roll bar? although i know i wont be running any where in close to where it probably will allow me to, i'd still like to know for the future.thanks

Go over to Classracer.com and ask them.

It's just like not having a bar, so it's 11.50 as the cut off in a hardtop car.

It doesn't meet the new standard as "acceptable" for running 11.49 or faster.

You can still put a 4 point in a car, it's never been illegal. Running a 4 point is the same as being considered you didn't have a rollbar, which limits you to the cut off point of 11.49.

Add a door bar and you're good to 10.00, provided the size of the current 4 point is within spec.

ok that's good to know. so if in the future i do plan to go faster than 11.49 all i have to do is add just the driver side door bar or both driver and passenger?

4-point bar is good to 11.50....swingouts are still acceptable,my 6-point with swingout is good down to 10.00....

It doesn't meet the new standard as "acceptable" for running 11.49 or faster.

You can still put a 4 point in a car, it's never been illegal. Running a 4 point is the same as being considered you didn't have a rollbar, which limits you to the cut off point of 11.49.

Add a door bar and you're good to 10.00, provided the size of the current 4 point is within spec.

I understand that but what I dont understand is why even run a 4 point if in all reality it is good for nothing other than it will help a little if you roll it. If you are going to put any kind of roll bar just make it a 6 point and put swing out door bars on it so that way you know it will be legal and you dont have to worry about taking it back in and having the other bars added on to it later. The way I look at it is might as well do it right the first time IMO.

well i put my 4pt roll bar in more for looks and so i can run a 4pt harness more than for the nhra rules. i was just wondering if it made a difference.

-
Back