Nice Cop!

-

Rob

Reaction score
I got pulled over today doing 115 in a 90 zone, that's about 70 in a 55 for those of you keeping score south of the border :-D Caught me right off guard, he was driving a tan SUV, they're supposed to be white, it's a rule I swear. So I get my license and registration ready, I know the drill. He comes over to my window, I hand him my license, he says it's a 90 zone not 115 so could I slow it down a bit and gives my license back, have a nice day and be careful pulling back out. No ticket, no attitude, nothing, just a totally nice guy giving me a break :cheers: That's about $150 I didn't have to part with :-D

Sweet man! What were you driving at the time?

I have 3 Mopars but I was in my daily driver Chebby, sorry :-D

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

I have 3 Mopars but I was in my daily driver Chebby, sorry :-D

DSC01286.jpg

DSC01290.jpg
i have to do this are u sure it was just 15 mph and he was on a bike and told u to speed up i mean it is a chevy just messin:-D

Not a bad lookin little truck, if you like that GM crap anyway :p

Either way, cool cop!

He should have givin you a ticket for driving a Chebby. LOL

Just pulling your chain.

Some times Cops have good days and let you go. I blew through a stop sign one time then preceded to go 70 in a 55 zone and all the cop who got me said was slow down and stop at the sign. We are siting down there and watching it now. Have a good night.

I was very happy to here that . LOL

i have to do this are u sure it was just 15 mph and he was on a bike and told u to speed up i mean it is a chevy just messin:-D

I was expecting some flack :-D It handles really, really well, I'd like to say like a Corvette but you guys wouldn't understand the referance :-D and still goes pretty damn good even with all the miles on it.

Not a bad lookin little truck, if you like that GM crap anyway :p

Either way, cool cop!

I like the GM crap, the Ford crap and the Mopar crap, I'm a connoisseur of crap :-D

Okay Rob, now you need to add that as a new tag line on your signature ... The Connoisseur of Crap. Too funny!!!

Clean looking truck too. Congrats on the non-ticket.

He should have givin you a ticket for driving a Chebby. LOL

Good thing he was driving one too :-D I didn't signal when I changed lanes either so he mentioned that, oops, didn't think I had to since I was going so much faster than everyone else, which is another thing, I was doing way more than 115, more like 130, must have been my lucky day. :-D

Okay Rob, now you need to add that as a new tag line on your signature ... The Connoisseur of Crap. Too funny!!!

Clean looking truck too. Congrats on the non-ticket.

Thanks Leanne, I may have to do that, I really do know my crap, proud of
it too :-D

I'll bet he was looking for other things out there which is why he let you go for speeding but he pulled you over with probable cause.
Hence his odd colored vehicle.

You definitely were not the kind of guy he was after that day.

BTW, is that a LT1 motor in the truck?
Looks good.

I had a similar thing happen to me back in 98 Rob. When I was living in Abbotsford I decided to take a little 4 day Golf holiday in Kelowna at my Aunts place at Gallagers Canyon. After 4 days of me golfing a different course every day (including my only hole in one :D ) I was on my way back home and hit a radar trap on the Chilliwack side of Abby doing 125 in a 100 zone. Cop asks me how fast I was going and I said I'm not sure but probably about 120 or so. He says I have you on my gun at 125, would you like to see it? I said no, I know I was speeding and you got me. He thanked me for being so honest and let me off with a warning because he said you don't know how many people try to argue the fact that he's got them on his radar gun red handed saying there's no way I was going that fast because I had my cruise set at blah blah blah, and many other excuses. Sometimes fessing up pays off. I was driving a Chevy at the time also. ;) A pretty mundane vehicle compared to your truck but it was one of the most dependable daily drivers I've ever had.

woody4.jpg

I'll bet he was looking for other things out there which is why he let you go for speeding but he pulled you over with probable cause.
Hence his odd colored vehicle.

You definitely were not the kind of guy he was after that day.

BTW, is that a LT1 motor in the truck?
Looks good.

The dusterkid guessed it, TPI intake off of an IROC with Street and Performance Integrator harness to make it work. The original block was bored 30 over and more cam was added. It really is one of the nicest looking setups ever made, makes a little over 300 hp :-D

I had a similar thing happen to me back in 98 Rob. When I was living in Abbotsford I decided to take a little 4 day Golf holiday in Kelowna at my Aunts place at Gallagers Canyon. After 4 days of me golfing a different course every day (including my only hole in one :D ) I was on my way back home and hit a radar trap on the Chilliwack side of Abby doing 125 in a 100 zone. Cop asks me how fast I was going and I said I'm not sure but probably about 120 or so. He says I have you on my gun at 125, would you like to see it? I said no, I know I was speeding and you got me. He thanked me for being so honest and let me off with a warning because he said you don't know how many people try to argue the fact that he's got them on his radar gun red handed saying there's no way I was going that fast because I had my cruise set at blah blah blah, and many other excuses. Sometimes fessing up pays off. I was driving a Chevy at the time also. ;) A pretty mundane vehicle compared to your truck but it was one of the most dependable daily drivers I've ever had.

woody4.jpg

He was actually behind me for quite a while so it really surprised me when the lights went on, I know there were times I was well over the 115 he said so he was really being nice. :-D A hole in one, damn you, never had one of those but then I've only been playing 37 years so what can I expect :-D

tpi manilfold on a tbi motor or is it a tpi motor?

Yup a TPI on a TBI

He was actually behind me for quite a while so it really surprised me when the lights went on, I know there were times I was well over the 115 he said so he was really being nice. :-D A hole in one, damn you, never had one of those but then I've only been playing 37 years so what can I expect :-D

The crappy part about my hole in one is I never got to see it go in. It was an uphill 130 yarder and all I could see was the top of the flag. I got up to the green and looked all over for my ball and had no idea it went in because I hit it a bit thin. I thought at the time, what the hell, I'll look in the cup and there it was. I still have the ball, the scorecard signed by the 3 complete strangers I was playing with, and the certificate that Gallagers Canyon sent me about a month later. It's now framed and hanging on the wall next to my desk because I'm pretty sure I'll never get another one. I used to golf a lot but I'm lucky if I get out once a year now. I've gone from a single digit handicap in the late 90's to shooting 113 last July. Very depressing. I'm sure I could get back to shooting high 80's or low 90's if I had the time or money to start playing again but when I have time I have no money, and when I have money I have no time. The green fee money will be better spent on my 65 Cuda anyways. ;)

Too bad you didn't see it. I've had friends in my group get a couple, one was relly great, the green had just been cut and the flag wasn't in yet, asked the greenskeeper where the hole was, he say near the back, a bit to the left. My buddy holes it without knowing exactly where the hole was, priceless, and we did see it go in, laughed our asses off.

I don't get out much either anymore, no time and if I have time I feel guilty that I'm not working on one of my projects :angry7:

-
Back