Nice Mancave!

-
GOOD GRIEF CHARLIE BROWN. Very few of us could afford to insure all that. I'm going to show this to the wife. "Can we go there for vacation?" Even if I can't worm my way into the will...
My spell check wants me to change "worm" to "work". That answers the very 1st question I had early in the video, "Where does the money come from?". I grew up with a couple of guys like him. Everything they touched turned to gold, like they were born with a horseshoe in their colin. I can't be jealous. I know one of those guys pretty well and know he donates to charities, helped a local preacher build a new church, etc... Surely some of my thoughts/comments stem from the current giving season. Merry Christmas BTW.
So, we watch a video of a man in Houston who seems to be showing off his good fortune. We don't see the checkbook. I'm going to believe this country is lucky to have him and God smiling on him so brightly. If I feel I must do what I can for the less fortunate, he does too. We are all human.

YES!! Hemi Hideout. I absolutely love this place, been there twice.

I lived about 15 miles from Brookshire, TX back in 2012-2018. 2 or 3 times a year they would hold an "open house" and allow the public to come to the property and visit the Hideout.

I'm sure some people look at this and shake their head or mutter something unflattering about this guy. Let me tell you, John Hovas is a wonderful man. He is one of the nicest guys around, he hangs out with the public during the open houses, he'll talk with anyone and everyone about the cars and signs. He took my mother around for about 30 minutes telling her the backstory to a bunch of his signs. They have ice cream for the kids and soft drinks available to everyone.
He doesn't charge admission to come for the open house, but they "suggest" a $5 or up donation which goes to a charity that was picked for that day. John then matches the donations.
Made his fortune in the Oil & Gas Services business, he worked his tail off for a number of years and then sold the company.

I don't think the video talked about it, but the building is built in what I would call Old Amish style. There isn't a single metal nail or bolt in it. It's all wood frame, beams, dowels, etc. The trestle work is designed to completely support the roof. It's unreal to see it in person, the video doesn't even do it justice.

As for the cars... you can imagine what a treat it is to see them all in one place. He has everything from super low mile survivors to full resto-mod beasts. Believe it or not, out of all those cars, the one I always liked the best is the '72 Duster he has tucked in the back corner. Beautiful black paint with a satin black ghost stripe. It's gorgeous. I asked him once if it was for sale, he said "45 grand".
You may have noticed the extension cords going up into every car. They keep a trickle charger on and each car gets driven once (or more) a month.

And the signs are just as incredible as the cars.

If you ever get the chance, it's a must see!

Wow! I know I don’t have enough $$ to top that one!!
Like I said, very few of us have so much coin.
YES!! Hemi Hideout. I absolutely love this place, been there twice.
I lived about 15 miles from Brookshire, TX back in 2012-2018. 2 or 3 times a year they would hold an "open house" and allow the public to come to the property and visit the Hideout.

I'm sure some people look at this and shake their head or mutter something unflattering about this guy. Let me tell you, John Hovas is a wonderful man. He is one of the nicest guys around, he hangs out with the public during the open houses, he'll talk with anyone and everyone about the cars and signs. He took my mother around for about 30 minutes telling her the backstory to a bunch of his signs. They have ice cream for the kids and soft drinks available to everyone.
He doesn't charge admission to come for the open house, but they "suggest" a $5 or up donation which goes to a charity that was picked for that day. John then matches the donations.
Made his fortune in the Oil & Gas Services business, he worked his tail off for a number of years and then sold the company.

I don't think the video talked about it, but the building is built in what I would call Old Amish style. There isn't a single metal nail or bolt in it. It's all wood frame, beams, dowels, etc. The trestle work is designed to completely support the roof. It's unreal to see it in person, the video doesn't even do it justice.

As for the cars... you can imagine what a treat it is to see them all in one place. He has everything from super low mile survivors to full resto-mod beasts. Believe it or not, out of all those cars, the one I always liked the best is the '72 Duster he has tucked in the back corner. Beautiful black paint with a satin black ghost stripe. It's gorgeous. I asked him once if it was for sale, he said "45 grand".
You may have noticed the extension cords going up into every car. They keep a trickle charger on and each car gets driven once (or more) a month.
And the signs are just as incredible as the cars.
If you ever get the chance, it's a must see!
Well another post appeared while I was typing that confirmed my thoughts/suspicions.
Life, lifestyle, really shouldn't be a competition. We, as humans, have made a competition out of everything since horse drawn chariots. So long as we are happy with what we have accomplished, and what we can share, ignore the number of digits. I'll gladly add my XX donations to his XX, ***, XXXX, digit donations. So long as we all do what we can. If you think "they got his XXXX, they don't need my XX, you are wrong. The old saying, "No matter how small the drop, the bucket is filling".

I’ve been there 2 times. Have had car shows there before. No charge to come in. He asks for donations that go back to the community. He started his career as a machinist and built equipment for the oil industry. He said everything in the building is for sale. If you ever go through Houston stop in it is well worth it. The video does nothing. The Dodge sign hanging up is still in the original shipping crate it has never been removed.

I feel blessed to have my shop. Can’t imagine having Hemi Hideout.

4191FD0B-B452-4178-AB3A-7D56A12E4FFA.jpeg

I hope a engineer has a look at signage. To have a sign fall on one of the classics would be shame.

Hell, I couldn’t afford the monthly utility bill.

-
Back