Nigerian bank scam

-

Woodys_Cuda

Ontario, Canada
Reaction score
Anybody else still getting those emails telling you that you have millions waiting for you? lol.

I've had a couple the last few weeks (in my spam folder). I mean it's been what 5 years since the scam started? Doing a google search shows lots of people fell for it. Sad.

The new thing is the texting. They know your area and use local jargon to pull you in.

The new thing is the texting. They know your area and use local jargon to pull you in.
I just got a Text from SunTrust bank, wanting me to " click the link" to update my account. I ain't got a SunTrust account, and they are now Truist..... that is like the guy that knocked on our Door outside of Downtown Jacksonville, after my Singer and I Closed the bar... I said "who is it" reply was " open the door man, I got the can opener!" Asked Kevin, did you loan som the canopener?" Kevin: "man we don't Even Have a can opener..." then , Strange Chuk-Chuk sounds from inside, next were feat BEATING IT! I opened the door. NO one to be seen, and that was a long *** hallway to the stairs....

Yeah new scams all the time. I just find it odd The Nigerian one is still going strong. They must still be finding victims and it's probably a lot of senior citizens being taken advantage of. I would love to be gifted 8 million. lol.

probably a lot of senior citizens being taken advantage of
I know they were a large percentage of the people who fell for the "I'll send a check for way more than you want, just give the rest to my driver" scam. I can't believe anyone would be that dumb, but not everyone has common sense.

I got this one the other day. And my reply.. :lol:

423CEE31-51FB-4EC4-849B-E0433D160284.png

90C97337-6CE6-4ED6-8568-44D4D8DADA0C.png

20210404_174735.jpg
I got this scam email from:
"PayPal"
20220424_105535.jpg

The page was copied to look exactly like the PayPal email. The only thing that didn't look right was the sender address. The legit sender would be:
"PayPal"
20220424_184313.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor was trying to open an Amazon store front, but of course Googled the phone number to call instead of actually visiting Amazon's website. She called the number and spent over 3 hours on the phone with them linking her bank accounts to her new 'Amazon store front', they even had her install VPN apps onto her phone to gain access of it. Her husband asked wtf was taking so long and grabbed the phone from her, he instantly new it was a scam. She called her bank from another phone and they had already gotten $16k out of her accounts while she was talking to them. The crazy part is, the bank saw some pending transactions for thousands more, and wouldn't cancel or put a stop on them, they claimed they needed them to process so they could track down the scammers... 2 weeks later she is still trying to get her money back from the bank.

I'd consider her a normal to above normal intelligent person, but still got outsmarted by a scammer, probably because she didn't know what the process was, so she believed whatever they told her.

My neighbor was trying to open an Amazon store front, but of course Googled the phone number to call instead of actually visiting Amazon's website.

Wow.. just crazy! The scammers are getting more creative by spoofing phone numbers and making fake websites. If you have caller ID the number may come up as the tax department or any other agency and they get you that way too.

Wow.. just crazy! The scammers are getting more creative by spoofing phone numbers and making fake websites. If you have caller ID the number may come up as the tax department or any other agency and they get you that way too.
I got a phone call from a number I didn't know, can't remember if it said a company name or not. It was a guy claiming to be from Discover credit card. I figured it was a scam, but I let him give it a try. When he asked for my card number, I knew for sure. I played along to screw with him, never giving any info. When I asked if I could call back, he yelled at me to flip off. What, mad I wasted ten minutes of your time and you didn't get anything? That's why I rarely answer my phone if I don't recognize the number.

There is a guy on youtube: Scammer payback. He plays dumb and goes along with the scam. He deletes the scammers computer files while he is talking to the scammer on the phone.

There is a guy on youtube: Scammer payback. He plays dumb and goes along with the scam. He deletes the scammers computer files while he is talking to the scammer on the phone.

I love it when he talks like an old lady, and starts talking about “her recipes” and stuff, that **** cracks me up!

-
Back