Nightmare suggestions?

-

1969GTS

Reaction score
I was putting together my interior and after a few seconds wondered why the allen bolt for the rear window crank was not going in. Well one of the previous owners snapped the head odd in side. So I get out my centre punch and reverse drill bits before trying an easyout and no go. Upon closer inspection i see the same previous owner has snapped off a drill bit in the snapped off bolt!!!! After a long blue streak I also notice the back rollers are missing and nothing is holding it on the track. I replaced an entire regulator and tracks about 20 years ago and remember it being a %$#@*&^ nightmare. I remember it being like building a ship in a bottle with sharp edges. I looked like some self mutalating goth slasher freak at the end. My wrists and hands were shredded. Other than cutting off the quarter panel does anyone have a trick or advise.

Just glue the freakin handle on. Replacing that regulator just aint worth it.

George

Just glue the freakin handle on. Replacing that regulator just aint worth it.

George

I thought of that but I am missing one of those double roller jobbies at the back and had to take it all out. I'm all ready scratched up and not looking forward to trying to put it all back together again. I HATE THIS JOB!

I thought of that but I am missing one of those double roller jobbies at the back and had to take it all out. I'm all ready scratched up and not looking forward to trying to put it all back together again. I HATE THIS JOB!
It will work just fine with that missing roller. One side on my car is missing the same roller, and the window operates perfectly.

Good Luck bud.

George

Duct tape will cover many of the sharp edges. Latex gloves help too.

It will work just fine with that missing roller. One side on my car is missing the same roller, and the window operates perfectly.

Good Luck bud.

George

YOUR LUCKY, MINE BINDS.

I would hate to see you dive into that part of the car if it is unnecessary. Try to adjust the glass and also lube the slides and tracks before you "take the plunge". If you can get it to operate correctly, you'll save yourself a great deal of work.
Hope this helps some.

George

I would hate to see you dive into that part of the car if it is unnecessary. Try to adjust the glass and also lube the slides and tracks before you "take the plunge". If you can get it to operate correctly, you'll save yourself a great deal of work.
Hope this helps some.

George

Too late, I'm sobbing already. I will have it done today. Positive thinking!

Good Luck Brudda!!!

DONE! A few blue streaks, and some cuts but not too bad with the duct tape on the sharp edges. With time and patience you can stretch a gnats arse over a rain barrel.

-
Back