Nightmares

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Last night i suddenly woke in the middle of the night and had a horrible thought:

OMG, ARE MY WHEEL BEARINGS IN NEED OF RE-PACKING.

then i tossed and turned thinking of the destruction that could result from the bearings going dry while flying down tha highway at 75-80 miles.

i checked them this morning and they were fine ...i had re-packed them about 1000 miles ago but ....it was just a scary thought.

has this happened to anyone else?

Of course, but usually over bills, paychecks, relationships and stuff like that.:D

Yes, sometimes at night I look back on the day at work: did I tighten the flywheel housing bolts before I put the engine back in a motor grader, as yourself did I tighten the wheel bearings on the last set of duals I had off of a 3 axle plow truck, or did I tighten all the rocker arm lock nuts after setting the valves and injectors.
After 30 plus years of doing it for a living I actually don't think I have done much damage to anything. It does though make you unsettled sometimes!

I thought I was the only one who did that . I woke up just a few nights ago to check my oil drain plug , not remembering whether or not I put it in . Also retighten wheel lugs every day after I have the wheels off . OCD ? Thats what I think it is .

With all the VERY cold weather and snow we had back a couple weeks ago Victoria sat for well over 2 weeks, I took her out and she felt ruff driving her on a smooth black top road :sign3: Then It took about 10 minutes for it to smooth out, setting with 28lbs in the tires will do that to a radial :eek:ops:
The next night I dreamed my 2 front ball joints let go and I hit the road throwing sparks.:shock:. True story Rani, Now I will dream of it again after posting it #-o, I need a pulled pork avocado salsa Salad about know =D>
That looked good Rani :happy2:

No stuff like wheel bearing "usually" give some sort of warning, a noise or something, so I don't worry or dream about things like that. But I just stopped having dreams about not being ready for a test at school and I've been out now for 20 years!

With everything going in my life for the past year, I'm thankful when I don't have nightmares.

I definetly have nightmares. Mine are about work, though. Being a flying crew chief in the Air Force I go out on missions with the multi-million dollar aircraft and the multi-million dollar mission square in my hands. One screw up on my part and, well, it's a multi-million dollar or, worse yet, a deadly mistake. A few weeks ago I had a dream that I left on a mission without my tech data or any tools. I woke up in a cold sweat. One time I dreamt that I wrecked my 'Cuda....oh wait...that wasn't a dream....FML.

Nightmare....when i am in school in front of class giving a speech in my underwear....

i have nightmares about fishing all the time and there not usually pleasent.

That will give you nightmares!

:pottytra::tongue2:

Naw!! not quite Gryzynx :toothy7: that kind of food is pleasure food :tongue5:
Eating a big stake and starchy backed potato gives me night mares :glasses7:
A fresh cut avocado sliced and laid on toast with tomato and bacon is the way to go for me, we call them a B.A.T. Bacon, Avocado on toast.

Just changed mine on only the suspension of a noise. 100k and it was time. 74 miles a day on the car.
My nightmares are not severe. The usually involve being on a trip somewhere. Maybe vacation, and not being able to get home in time to report for work.
probably a hold over from 35 years with airlines and commuting non rev.
You know, Rani, you may be a little OCD like me.
Not necessarily a bad thing in safety sensitive work or doctors.

I dream once I was doing donuts on a frozen lake in my car and I heard the ice starting to crack and just made it ashore as the ice gave away.

I woke up shaking--was one of my last scary dreams

Then once I dream I crash through a guardrail and went into a pond, I was in my 30's and I told myself its just a dream as the car sunk but then as it went totally underwater I asked myself what if its not really a dream and started to panic and again woke up shaking

Stupid dreams, lol

About three nights ago, not sure I would call it a nightmare, but a strange dream.

I was hosting a small mopar show at my home, and that was the cool part. I also owned a 68 or 69 charger that was kind of rough, and was a 440 4 spd. Then I had just bought another 69 charger with a hemi and a 4 spd in it. It was a total piece of crap, all rusty, dented, the hemi had oil running out all over. A buddy (who I didn't really know) was pointing out more oil leaks on the hemi.

The capper? Our house was an old rundown barn, literally falling apart and all the property around it was like a barn yard, that is it was cow manure everywhere. We were walking through it, driving through it etc. but didn't seem to bother us that much, LOL. There were other guys there with their cars, but don't remember any of them.

I have had some pretty bazaar dreams and some nightmares over the years, but sorry my mopar dream was so "crappy." :) Rani, your thread is well timed. I do find my dreams sometimes go along with what I am worried about. No doubt I was on FABO before going to bed that night.

I can't have normal dreams - with adhd, every dream changes like hitting a tangent with the next shiny thing that catches your attention. I woke up to my beautiful wife, trying not to be mad her, because she didn't 'really' put my road runner on the roof of our house (in which she ripped up the bumper hooking it up to the crane). In the dream I was livid pissed, and it seemed real.

I remember too many of them . But most of mine are of my "fun times" in Beirut and Iran from the mid and late 80's . I need more car dreams to offset waking up to the smell of cordite and burned flesh .

Funny thing is, my wife says she never dreams, or at least doesn't remember them.

I forget 99% of my dreams within 5 mins of waking up

But when you force yourself awake cause you think you might be dying, I never forget that.

I heard if you dream you die you really do, I don't believe in that--why when my car was in the pond and I was almost certain it was a dream I told myself its just a dream relax but then I second guessed myself as the car was underwater.

That was a good ten years ago, I like outgrew scary dreams--I get upsetting dreams at times but I don't wake up shaking and yelling, lol

-
Back