Nitro Gear and Axle 8.75 Sure Grip

-

GoldenGirl

Reaction score
Hello,

My '72 Dart was originally a 318 and we rebuilt a 1969 340 (30 over) and replaced the 318. The factory rear is still in the car and we are going to replace it with an 8.75 that we purchased this year at Carlisle.

We are looking at something called a "Dodge/Chrysler 8.75 Sure Grip" from an online vendor, Jaw Gear. This product is manufactured by Nitro Gear and Axle.

Anybody have any experience with this? or other recommendations? We also have considered a Detroit Locker just because my tech husband thinks they are cool. :p

The case we have is a 741. I drive this fab little Dart to work on nice days and tool around town on the weekends. No drag racing or anything exciting going on with it.

Any suggestions or input appreciated.

:)

Driving to work and just tooling around town? You don't even need a sure grip for that. Now your saying "Well maybe just a little" So i read your mind. I like my detroit tru trac gear drive unit built by Eaton behind my 440. You will too.

Cass/Dr Diff is great! Not only did he have better prices, he was a wealth of information. We're just waiting for him to get the pinion gear in stock again. He can even get the drive shaft for us. He uses the same vendor that Mancini does so saves us from going to two places.

Of course he wants us to replace the 904 with a 727 but my hubby/chief mechanic wanted to retain some of the original parts. :) We do have a 727 in the garage and you know, if I ever had a random chance at a traffic light....

Again, thanks for the referral to Cass.

Keep the 904 they are plenty tough.

Cass is a good guy.

Just a quick update. Dr. Diff got all the parts in now so our Sure Grip along with pinion gears and seals and yokes and other various stuff is on the way. Yay!!

He is also able to get the drive shaft manufactured for us to fit the 904 to the new rear setup.

His prices are awesome and the customer service is superb. So much better than talking to some random person on a customer service line who doesn't really know about A bodies!

I'll post back when the new 8 3/4 is in and ready to go. Now if spring time would just get here...:p

-
Back