Nitrous express kits

-
Nitrous is to make Chevys go fast.

Id like to know also. I have considered an entry level NX kit for my stroker 69 Swinger, but don't want to open a can of worms. What you read says "no problem", but I witnessed a nitrous backfire in the pits at Martin this last summer that says otherwise. Im assuming it either blew the carb or intake off the guys car and surely damaged the fiberglass hood. Issues like that would ruin it for me.

If you really want to know how well Nitrous Express kits work, ask Doc, Monza, Dominator, and Daddy Dave. They all seem to be using NX kits and making stupid, stupid amounts of HP.

I used a 150 shot on a 360 that would run 11.90s on motor

Installed a micro switch that would close on full throttle
And a purge switch. Which in my mind makes it safe
As long as you got fuel pressure your ok.
Btw the very mild 360 went 10.91@122

im not a big fan of chasing bottles,but I was just messing around before the 360 comes out and the 408 goes in ,and it turns out I had a blast but to each there own

Nitrous is hard on motors, it's a big shock factor when you spray. How big of a shot you planning on running? Forged pistons and h beams rods a least for safety?

HP is hard on motors..... and comparing an entry level NX kit to what the street outlaw guys are running..... COME ON MAN! NX, NoS systems..... they both have a pretty "safe" tune to them. Gears and a plate made my car a pretty good street fighter back in the day :)

'71 Cuda, stock 340, 10:1CR, NOS cheater kit, 250hp shot...went from 12.4@108 n/a to [email protected], no issues, no tipped plugs, smooth as silk, and hit it off the line, but I did have a seperate Blue race pump with 1/2" line for N20 fuel alone.....thats the ticket.....and then later>

'69 Cuda 440, stock 6-pk block, 10:1CR, 906's, NOS Big shot kit 175hp jets, went from 10.7@125 n/a>[email protected], again the same set up on N20 fuel, tee of your 3/8" fuel line for n20 fuel can be done but I think your asking for issues with anything but a powershot kit is the way I see it.

NX makes some of the best kits out there. You will be fine with a 100hp kit (starter kit). Easy installation, and plenty of fun. Be sure to follow the instructions in the kit for safety, and you will be a nitrous junky before you know it.

so where do you fill bottles? Is it pretty painless? you'd think you would see fill stations at the drag strips, but ive never seen one anywhere. that's one of the biggest reasons I haven't tried it yet.

That's a very valid point Vitamin C brings up..... "way back" when I was in the nos loop we had a local guy who sold Top Gun systems that we ran. He had a "mother" bottle in his garage and we'd drop bottles off there so he could cool and fill them. I had 3 bottles so I always had a back up plan. I only used it at the track to get those "bragging rights" time slips :). You'd best do your homework prior to buying a system on where you are going to get your "next hit".

I purchased an NX Kit as well for the Duster. Car has gone 106 mph @ 13.1 but it has more in it as had traction issues. Once I sought that out I wanna put 100 h/p shot thru and see how it goes.

I run nitrous on 5 of my cars. I have never melted a plug, burned an engine down or even had a back fire on 100-150.Make sure jetting is good and timing is spot on.

As for nx kits I am sure you will be fine. I run nos brand set ups. Start at 100 and work your way up.

I have a mainline kit .Never used no2 b4.I plan on 150 with my new engine .it otta get me in the 5's and drive it to the track

I run 6.20's on motor and most tell me I probably need to spray around 150 shot to get me in the 5's. My goal is to run a 5.9x. I am going to start around 75 shot.

I run 6.20's on motor and most tell me I probably need to spray around 150 shot to get me in the 5's. My goal is to run a 5.9x. I am going to start around 75 shot.

That pump gas motor and those good heads would respond Nicely to a 150 shot

Powershot,Super powershot,Cheater.Start small.Very,very addicting.Have fun and good luck.Nothing wrong with the other kits.Been laughing for 35 years...haha .don't leave home without it.

-
Back