Nitrous on 410 strpker

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Hi guys, I love to plan ahead of time in case there is any extra parts or work I need to purchase or do. I wanted to see if I can run a 50-125 shot of nitrous on top of my projected stroker motor without anymore work or what other work is needed. Below is my setup:

410 Stroker
-Ported Eddy Air Gap
- 10.19:1 SCR compression
-Head gasket is .043
-Hastings Plasma-Moly rings gap set for nitrous.
-RHS ported Cylinder heads
-4in Scat Crank
- Forged -17.5cc Diamond pistons
-ARP Head bolts
-ARP Main Bolts
-DCR of 8.79
- Camshaft is 251/260 @50 with IVC of 53.5
cranking compression of around 179 according to wallace racing calculator.

Are there any upgrades that should be done besides maybe higher octane to run nitrous every once in a great while?

I doubt it will be any problem, I've run nitrous on lesser engines for sure. Personally I'd go all forged for piece of mind, I'm assuming that Scat crank is forged, add a set of their I-beams and run with it.

I doubt it will be any problem, I've run nitrous on lesser engines for sure. Personally I'd go all forged for piece of mind, I'm assuming that Scat crank is forged, add a set of their I-beams and run with it.
Sorry that was one thing that I forgot to add, the current crank is cast....Which is another factor on why I wouldn't run higher than 125 shot.

I think if it was me I'd be very careful. You're close to the limit (over my self imposed limit) in terms of detonation and cylinder pressure, and the nitrous will make a bit more pressure than 179. Make sure to retard your timing, and make sure the plugs are cold, and follow the manufacturer's directions on jetting. Rich is as bad or worse than lean.

My .02, MLS head gasket with copper spray is a must, and a single plane intake.

I think if it was me I'd be very careful. You're close to the limit (over my self imposed limit) in terms of detonation and cylinder pressure, and the nitrous will make a bit more pressure than 179. Make sure to retard your timing, and make sure the plugs are cold, and follow the manufacturer's directions on jetting. Rich is as bad or worse than lean.

timing taken out. 2 degrees for every 50 correct? And colder plugs. Make sure Air/Fuel ratio is on point.

It's 2° for every 50, but you might even want to go a couple extra. You won't be lacking for torque anyway. I would also be very picky of your fuel when you plan to squeeze it. Cylinder pressures rise with rpm so you'll want to make sure you're running the best most consistent pump fuel you can.

I have my timing locked out at 32*. I hit my 362" with a 80 hp. I left the timing at 32*.

Well I planned to run 34 total on all motor so we can start with maybe 3 degrees for every 50...The car is all motor, but I planned for nitrous just in case I don't see the times I would like. Hoping for a high 10 second car off of nitrous with 4.10 gears and 4200 stall. I have seen less do more, so Gotta make sure everything is perfect.

-
Back