Nitrous Oxide disaster averted

-

Howard1784

Reaction score
A powershot system was installed around 2008 and never used with the exception of verifying the install and function. For various reasons I have removed the plate at least dozen times. The car has not seen the 1/4 mile since 2007 and in a different configuration. Fast foward to 2023 and opening day at a track: fueled up locally and drove 40 minutes, all ready and excited to simply just have a good time and the weather was phenomena. While at the gate, the person says, "Did you know you're missing you gas cap?"

[ At this moment I instantaneously had tunnel vision as recalled the last few things I did prior to driving there and immediately remembered putting the gas cap on top of the pump before I happily and joyously drove away without a care. NOTE: Remember the line at the end of the movie, "I see dead people" and it hits you in the head nearly knocking you unconscious as you suddenly realized you have been bamboozled? Yeah, that was the feeling I had!!!!! So parked the car in the spectator lot and I felt like a banished kid as others had the time of their life but I survived.]

Recently, I decided to check the solenoids. Wouldn't you believe the fuel solenoid was NOT WORKING????????

Yep, things happen for a reason.

Update

Fuel solenoid seems to be working just fine 80 percent of the time. Micro switch is suspect and on order

Ok, switch received, however upon further inspection it appears the fuel solenoid is still the culprit. While off of the car, If I apply a separate 12 volt source and ground it will click 40 times in a row and not on the 41st. Better to be safe than sorry.

I spose you could rig a system where the fuel sol. output trips a pressure switch which then powers the NO2 solenoid.

Easy. Pressure switch compatible with fuel pressure.

-
Back