nitrous plate system

-

mocar

Reaction score
Who makes a nitrous plate system that I can run on my 340 sb with a edelbrock air gap intake manifold?

Most running Nitrous use a Single Plane intake.

But to answer your question almost all will fit your application as long as they are based on a 4150 Style square bore manifold.

Good stock engine internals,a good fuel & electronic ignition system,100-125 hit safely(premium pump gas,2 degrees total timing backed off ,every 50 h.p. worth of hit. Here's a question to you: how's your drive train & suspension? N20 hammers with a torque spike across the majority of the power band,especially low and mid range. A stock ,worn out chassis on old crusty tires,will frustrate you. Be prepared and ready for it,ask questions .

With a dual plane intake i would probably look into a perimeter plate system to help with more even distribution to both sides. I know zex has a kit but there may also be others.

More info...... I use a separate fuel system for the NOS Hit. Mine engine is pump gas and I have a 1/2 Gallon little fuel cell that holds 110 VP dedicated for the NOS Hit. Adding NOS to an existing fuel system could cause problems if your fuel pressure drops on the Hit.... Like blow your **** up problems.

You will also need some kind of ignition retard unless you run your total timing set with the retard built into it.

MSD Digital 6 has a built in adjustable timing retard.

That is a good box. It has 1 dedicated retard circuit.

If the OP already has and MSD-6AL you can do an add on for a 2 or 3 Step Ignition Retard as well as a 2 or 3 step Rev Control. That is what I did.

I wired mine up so they 2 of the retards are active on 1 Hit. This way I can mix and match Pills to fine tune the retard. Add up both pills you use = the retard on the hit.

This is the add on to the MSD-6AL. I bought mine used for $60.00 works like new.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/msd-8970

Jacobs Nitrous Mastermind is what I use to control it. It has adjustable dial controls for the initial N2O hit, Full N2O flow, Rev Limiter, and Timing retard up to 10 degrees.

The problem is that ACCEL now makes that controller, and I wouldn't trust ACCEL as far as I could throw them.

When I used to run nitrous I used a NOS cheater kit, a Holley blue pump to feed both carb and nitrous system (not ideal, but it worked), MSD for spark, and I manually would retard the timing. I also had this on an Airgap intake. I sprayed between 150-180, but at 180 the mix between cylinders started to vary.

back in the old days we made our jets and stacked plates lol. It is all about fuel if it goes lean on you, the motor is gone. I melted a Manley forged piston. Another friend went lean melted all the venturies from the carb and shot a weld through two cyls in the head.
Good head gaskets are recommended also.

I ran one holley black pump and 2 regulators with a sniper kit on my 340 with an air gap. Worked well on 150 shot set up. I just backed timing off at the distributor. If you are maxed out at rpm in the traps you may need a new gear and/or taller tire. Off the bottle my car crossed the stripe at 5800 rpm, on nitrous 6700 rpm, and that was not hitting the bottle until I shifted into 2nd gear, my 235/60-15 drag radials didn't like the extra hp off the line.

Attachments

• dart 1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 153
-
Back