Nitto NT555R Drag Radials

-

64physhy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with these? I'm looking for a good pair of drag radials, and it's between the Nitto's, BFG, or M/T. The Nitto's are a lot less expensive than the others, and from the reviews I've seen on them, they seem to be good.

I know everyone likes the M/T's, but I'm wondering how the Nitto's are since they cost about $50 less each, and are supposed to last longer.

I heard they dont last and the traction is like the Bfg which is not good

From what I've red, they last longer than M/T's and BFG's. I'm sure the M/T's have the best traction, but I think they only last something like 3000 miles on the street. I did read a review by a guy with the Nittos on a Corvette and had a 1.66 60 ft. so they must hook ok.

Then why ask? everything ive read was about them on mopars not on chebys. If its on a street car idk these are for the track use which is why they wouldnt last on the street

I`ve got a pair of them on my Barracuda. They definitely hook up much better than street tires. From what I`ve read they`re not quite as good as M/Ts but I have no personal experience with the M/Ts to make any judgement. I found my Nittos for just over 100 dollars a piece and that was what led me to buy them. I bought 275/60-15`s and they don`t seem to have as wide of a footprint as other tires their size. Their compound may not be quite as soft as some of the other brands and you do have to run the pressures in the mid to low teens to get the most from them, but for the money they are a deal. Mine have been through many, many burnouts and still look very good. I keep them inflated well when not smoking them and for the most part they have suited me just fine. I say if you can find a deal on them then go for it.

I found the Nitto's (275/60R15) for $117. M/T's in the same size seem to be about $190 no matter where I look. That's $140 difference for a pair. Anyone know where to get the M/T's for less?

Ok i know its not an a body but here is my experience:

I had a 05 Srt-4 with a 50 trim turbo on it(big turbo) and I was running 12's. Not sure if you have experience with high HP FWD cars,but traction is a very big problem. I ran both the Nitto and the M/T's. The M/T's had slightly better grip,but the Nitto's were very good,and lasted slightly longer. My 60 ft. with the Nitto's was 1.8-1.9 and with the M/T's it was always 1.8,like I said very close.If it was up to me,I choose the Nitto, but that is because I am broke.

Ok i know its not an a body but here is my experience:

I had a 05 Srt-4 with a 50 trim turbo on it(big turbo) and I was running 12's. Not sure if you have experience with high HP FWD cars,but traction is a very big problem. I ran both the Nitto and the M/T's. The M/T's had slightly better grip,but the Nitto's were very good,and lasted slightly longer. My reaction time with the Nitto's was 1.8-1.9 and with the M/T's it was always 1.8,like I said very close.If it was up to me,I choose the Nitto, but that is because I am broke.

What size wheels and tires did you have on it? I'm thinking the lower profile, the less difference there would be between the 2. I had an Eagle Talon TSi for a while, and traction was a *****. Never tried any decent tires on it, though.

In above post i meant 60 ft. not reaction time. Brain fart!

Ok this was 4-5 years ago but I believe I was running 245/50/16's on steel dodge stratus wheels.

Also I had to run 15's for the M/T since the only 16 I could find was too wide. But i believe they were the same overall hight. Both 15 and 16's were steel wheels.

i run them, this was my first summer, no track time but they are light years ahead of a street tire for almost the same money, why pay for bfg radial t/a's and not be able to hook on the street? and the t/a's will wear just as fast if not faster. i have around 400 to 420 hp and run a dynamic 9.5" stall 4,400rpm and on the street they spin about 2 or three revolutions that i can feel and then bite hard. i say go for them. Where did you find that price?

Attachments

• demon new 011 (640x427).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 480
  • demon new 005 (640x427).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 467
  • securedownload (640x480).jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 439
Well my car ran 12.22 with a 1.66 60' with slicks a few years ago, the carb was jetted way off and very rich to the point of a slight miss. now with the jetting right and a few other things worked out i would say i would be in the 12 flat to high 11's range, so they should handle that fine, if your looking for the last tenth or two might as well get a extra set of slicks and rims. also these tires hold air very well aired them to 28psi in may and they were still at 28psi in September.

have you looked at the M&H racemaster tires? i ran them for a long time on a dodge ram. they hooked well. and lasted a long time. (my buddy has them now and they are still getting used) i purchaed them back in 07

i run them, this was my first summer, no track time but they are light years ahead of a street tire for almost the same money, why pay for bfg radial t/a's and not be able to hook on the street? and the t/a's will wear just as fast if not faster. i have around 400 to 420 hp and run a dynamic 9.5" stall 4,400rpm and on the street they spin about 2 or three revolutions that i can feel and then bite hard. i say go for them. Where did you find that price?

Good question. I found them when I was searching the other day for $117, but can't find them now. Found them for $127 at www.discounttires.com

have you looked at the M&H racemaster tires? i ran them for a long time on a dodge ram. they hooked well. and lasted a long time. (my buddy has them now and they are still getting used) i purchaed them back in 07

I have, but they are way out of my price range right now. Just paid for Christmas, and saving for a trip to Ireland in March. My car budget is at a minimum right now, but I need better tire's than the POS tires on it now. I think they are one compound away from being hard plastic.

drag radials.....they dont stick as good as a slick, and most people dont run them on the street.....the worst of both worlds

drag radials.....they dont stick as good as a slick, and most prople dont run them on the street.....the worst of both worlds

I loved my drag radials and I drove them on the street daily. The best of both worlds in my opinion. I was getting 1.8-1.9 60ft on a front wheel drive car making over 300 hp/tq,which is hard to do without a slick,and impossible on any street tire!

drag radials.....they dont stick as good as a slick, and most prople dont run them on the street.....the worst of both worlds

Can you elaborate? I don't plan on running at the strip but a couple times a year (maybe). Street tires such as radial ta's have limited traction. I'm looking for a good alternative. I thought the MT ET radials were "the best of both worlds". Educate me.

-
Back