nm9stheham....??

-

Killer6

Reaction score
Last seen August of '20,... anybody know Him, or did I miss something? Always enjoyed His posts & a little debate now & then.

I ain't seen him around either. I like him, too.

Somebody's gotta know the guy.

I agree, he's a great guy. He helped me solve a few problems with my Barracuda whe I first got it. Almost got to meet him in person but I was out of town for work.

I have his phone number. I'll try to get in touch with him. He has helped me a lot also.
Hay, thanks! I knew somebody had to know him. Keep us posted. Might be he has a life unlike some of us. lol

I left a voicemail for him. Let him know you guys are missing him. I sure hope he is doing well.

It's been a while since i have talked to him. Good news is it's still his voice on the machine.

Hay, thanks! I knew somebody had to know him. Keep us posted. Might be he has a life unlike some of us. lol

So far it's crickets from Mark. It was always hard to get in touch with him in the past. Maybe he does have a life away from here unlike the most of us. LOL

I'll let you guys know if I hear from him. (Fingers crossed).

Back from the dead! You guys must be pretty desperate LOL. Seriously, it is very kind of your guys to ask, and for Norm (coloradohill) to gave me call. It took a while for me to get it see below. Been off-air for a few reasons:
  • Yes, having a life is part of it. You know, some of the old arguments get.. well... OLD. I left this site and then another old car site due to getting tired of some of the 'noise'.
  • Been on a Ski-Doo snowmobile site a lot. A different crowd, with a lot more 'operators' and riding discussions versus vintage car crowds. Plus sleds from the newest '23's with turbos back to '70's with engines like advanced lawn mower engines LOL. All very interesting. Imagine a drive system where you can customize what is the equivalent of the torque converter for whatever stall speed you want.. and do it in your garage!
  • Took on a rebuild of a '75 Opel Ascona A in 2020. I raced these cars for years in rallies. So that was fun.
But the BIG reason is that we finally found the property we have been looking for since 2017 in the ID/MT/WY region for building a retirement home. Found it in early 2021 on a snowmobile trip, just outside of Dubois WY, in the mountains a little more than an hour from the south entrance of Yellowstone NP. Starting building the garage in fall of 2021, finished that to 95% this May/June, and then started on the house in summer. Got the house foundation in and closed in the basement this November and then headed back to VA. I'm the builder/engineer/electrician/plumber/ditch-digger/materials handler/tractor operator, etc. so it is pretty intense work and so pretty much no time for cars in the last 2 years.

Building in a very rural spot like Dubois is tough... very few subcontractors and hard to find helpers. The population density there is about 2 people per square mile, and it is 80 miles to the nearest Walmart and 200 miles to the nearest box lumber store. So materials are expensive to haul in or buy anywhere near.

But the view is spectacular... see below; this is the view towards Yellowstone. House site is at 8100', on a knob with 360 degree views to the mountains, and is 1000' above the valley floor. The mountain peaks are 10,000' to 12,000' That thin black strip below the house site is a 7000' long airport

output_image1620847096015.jpg

House site.... house on top of the knob and garage at base of knob where the road splits.
IMG_20210509_102559185.jpg

Wow, beautiful pics/place and stories. As stunning as they are, I am not surprised to see the amazing scenery and location. Good on you for finding/enjoying additional activities and interests. Thanks for chiming in and looking forward to hopefully more posts. You were informative and patient lol in my sb build thread and I appreciate that.
I've "restarted the rebuild" heres a link :rolleyes::lol:

Restart the rebuild
Back from the dead! You guys must be pretty desperate LOL. Seriously, it is very kind of your guys to ask, and for Norm (coloradohill) to gave me call. It took a while for me to get it see below. Been off-air for a few reasons:
  • Yes, having a life is part of it. You know, some of the old arguments get.. well... OLD. I left this site and then another old car site due to getting tired of some of the 'noise'.
  • Been on a Ski-Doo snowmobile site a lot. A different crowd, with a lot more 'operators' and riding discussions versus vintage car crowds. Plus sleds from the newest '23's with turbos back to '70's with engines like advanced lawn mower engines LOL. All very interesting. Imagine a drive system where you can customize what is the equivalent of the torque converter for whatever stall speed you want.. and do it in your garage!
  • Took on a rebuild of a '75 Opel Ascona A in 2020. I raced these cars for years in rallies. So that was fun.
But the BIG reason is that we finally found the property we have been looking for since 2017 in the ID/MT/WY region for building a retirement home. Found it in early 2021 on a snowmobile trip, just outside of Dubois WY, in the mountains a little more than an hour from the south entrance of Yellowstone NP. Starting building the garage in fall of 2021, finished that to 95% this May/June, and then started on the house in summer. Got the house foundation in and closed in the basement this November and then headed back to VA. I'm the builder/engineer/electrician/plumber/ditch-digger/materials handler/tractor operator, etc. so it is pretty intense work and so pretty much no time for cars in the last 2 years.

Building in a very rural spot like Dubois is tough... very few subcontractors and hard to find helpers. The population density there is about 2 people per square mile, and it is 80 miles to the nearest Walmart and 200 miles to the nearest box lumber store. So materials are expensive to haul in or buy anywhere near.

But the view is spectacular... see below; this is the view towards Yellowstone. House site is at 8100', on a knob with 360 degree views to the mountains, and is 1000' above the valley floor. The mountain peaks are 10,000' to 12,000' That thin black strip below the house site is a 7000' long airport

View attachment 1716024057

House site.... house on top of the knob and garage at base of knob where the road splits.
View attachment 1716024058

it would be nice to come barreling down that road in a Mopar...:)
...Or a snowmobile. Great to hear from you Mark!!! You don't owe us anything but Glad you are doing well and following your dream. Got a little worried with the big C going on at the time. You helped me out in the past on my engine build. It's installed and running like a top.
Best of luck to you!

Joe

View attachment 1716024057

View attachment 1716024058
Mighty glad you're ok! Merry Christmas!

Wow, we drove through that town last year. What a beautiful location!

-
Back