No Barracuda Anniversay? I may boycott the Nats!

-

bamacuda

Reaction score
I am steamed. I have been working my but off for several several years to put together an amazing display commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Barracuda, which I think, may have influenced muscle car history more than any other car*. Their reasoning for not doing a tribute for the Barracuda is and I quote

"Too many anniversaries this year... cant do them all.":wack:

LAME!

What do you think?

*introducing the Barracuda in a "one-ups-man-ship" fashion stirred the muscle car pot very vigorously and the big three went at it. If the gas of the 70's hadn't gotten so high priced (insert laugh tack here) no telling how fast cars would have become

No anniversary for 1973 last year either.

Ya but 73 was not a particularly "landmark" year, it wasn't really the "first" of any significant model. 50th anniversaries and especially "first year" is significant. Not only that, but this year being the 50th of the first (64) cudas make it the 100th anniversary of Dodge, which had "Golden" anniversary versions in 64, as well, of course as the introduction of the 426

Ya but 73 was not a particularly "landmark" year, it wasn't really the "first" of any significant model. 50th anniversaries and especially "first year" is significant. Not only that, but this year being the 50th of the first (64) cudas make it the 100th anniversary of Dodge, which had "Golden" anniversary versions in 64, as well, of course as the introduction of the 426

Exactly.

barracuda is sharing it's 50th with the 426 hemi. probably not a tough select for many as to which had more influence.

It appears They have given in to "fun areas" (see the map on their site) due to a loss in parts venders. Some of that space could have been for the Barracuda with a special emphasis on Hemi Barracudas! duh!

-
Back