No brakes on my 440

-

Darthemi75

Reaction score
I have a 440 on my dart and it doesnt stop..... i use a vacuum gauge and see that my engine no produce more than 5 inches of vacuum...... i use the vacuum of other car with a hose to check my brake booster...and my car stops great.

I dont know what is the problem....a friend tell me that i need to replace my intake manifold gasket (there is a leak!!!!!!)..... is this correct.....

Thanks

I bet its the camshaft causing your low vaccum issue. You could try and run a vaccum canister but I haven't had much luck with those. I have used an electric vaccum pump hooked directly to the booster and that worked great.

My camshaft is the o.e replace 268-284 mopar...i prefer to find the cause of my problem....and electric vacuum its my last chance....

The best wayto tell if you can get the vacuum high enough is to do a compression test and see what you have. That cam "should" be ok and have more vacuum, but if the engine wasnt blueprinted or the cam is ground way off (normal for MP these days) or the cam wasnt installed right, you won't be able to get what you need. You'd do better at that point to just lose the booster and go with manual brakes...

A leak on my intake could be my problem???????????????? i dont know if there is a leak is a recomendation of a friend....to change my manifold gasket.

Unless you look who knows? I use carb clean to test for leaks... Just the way I've always done. I think it's wishful thinking but there's no harm in trying.

-
Back