No charge on 67 dart

-

Joseph24251_200

The Mopar Kid
Reaction score
Ok since I put the engine back in the old Dart i haven't gotten one single charge out of the alternator. I have switched alternators from my other dart bought new voltage regulators and i still can't get a charge. The only way i have gotten a charge was by running the fld wire straight to the battery and grounding the other side. The voltage regulator that is on there now is a electronic type i recently purchased and i also have a dual fld alternator. Should i run one of the fields to the ignition and one to the fld on the voltage regulator or just ground one fld and keep the other fld going as factory had it.

kinda OT but is that your dart as your avatar? If so plz take those wheels off that dart isnt a caprice. (imo)

Ok since I put the engine back in the old Dart i haven't gotten one single charge out of the alternator. I have switched alternators from my other dart bought new voltage regulators and i still can't get a charge. The only way i have gotten a charge was by running the fld wire straight to the battery and grounding the other side. The voltage regulator that is on there now is a electronic type i recently purchased and i also have a dual fld alternator. Should i run one of the fields to the ignition and one to the fld on the voltage regulator or just ground one fld and keep the other fld going as factory had it.
I'm wondering if your amp gauge is the problem. Does your amp gauge currently work? If not, I think the charging system won't work either. You can run the wire for the gauge directly to the batt terminal on the starter relay according to what I've read here in another thread, but let the more experienced board members chime in first.

Love the color on your Dart.

George

You have cut a little brown connecter off your wiring harness at the regulater for upgrade so reuse it and approx 7 feet of blue wire to add ignition power to the other post on the dual alt. (same blue wire at regulater). Hope this makes sense.

LOL BigStrok3, do you ever post any helpful information on the site or do you just keep stinkin up the post like you're doin mine.

do you have the square back alt with 2 field terminals? you need that with the triangle plugged electronic vlt reg.

Well see i don't have the triangle shaped plug in i have a electronic voltage regular what looks just like the stock one from 67. Oh and i'm not sure which alt I have I'll check today.

you need to make sure that the one closest to the bat terminal on the alt is the one that the green wire goes to and the other terminal is grounded. also check voltage at the alt while its running.

-
Back