no cylinder pressure

-

demon_408

Reaction score
hey guys ! i just put my engine back together and was going to fire it and when i went to check the cylinder pressure it did not even register.. i have had stock stuff that blew more air out of the cylinders than my 408 something is not right. and then battery got weak and my charger took a poop on me this is not good ! please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad7: ](*,)

All the cylinders have problems?? Rings in wrong or not off-set from each other? Bad head gasket. Did you try compression wet.
Not a good start! Feel sorry for ya!

All the cylinders have problems?? Rings in wrong or not off-set from each other? Bad head gasket. Did you try compression wet.
Not a good start! Feel sorry for ya!

Also..would your cam be in wrong? Did you check to see if you had compression in #1 @ TDC on comrression stroke??:read2:

well i only had the heads and intake of to have the heads ported and nothin else was touched so i dont know what the deal is !!!!!!!!

I would say something is holding the valves open. Even with no rings you would register something on the gauge.

I would say something is holding the valves open. Even with no rings you would register something on the gauge.

Check your valve adjustment settings. I had the same problem when I first tried to start my motor. I was 1/4 turn off is all and it was just enough to not let the valves close all the way.

you guys are right it was the valves... things sounds totally different with these heads ported sounds like a big block now i gotta set the timing and all that good stuff...thanks to bjr Racing for the port work thing sounds great..just hope it goes faster than 6.90's now....lol:thumblef:

-
Back