no dash lights or park lights

-

mac daddy mopar

Reaction score
74 scamp, the old under dash wiring harness was melted from a short, so I replaced it with a good one from a clean low miles parts car I found in the junkyard, and my dash/ park and turn singles in the front don't work, any ideal why? the bulbs are all new, my dome light works, as does the rear lighting, the under hood wiring is in great shape, as I used a clean harness there, all grounds are in place, connections clean and tight, thanks. also my temp gauge don't work, but the fuel and amp does.

Mark

check fuses ? Are the front fixtures grounded ?

Check your light switch. It may have shorted inside and caused the part that controls the dash and parking light not to work, but will still allow you to have head lights.

how can I ground the front lights? I have a spare headlight switch, I'll swap it out, thanks for the ideals.

Mark

There should be ground wires running from the metal bulb sockets attached to the radiater support with sheetmetal screws.
Use a test light to find the one fuse that doesn't have power on either end of it unless the headlight switch is pulled. Make sure that fuse is good. Dont be certain the dash lights aren't working until you look for them in the dark.
Hope this helps

There should be ground wires running from the metal bulb sockets attached to the radiater support with sheetmetal screws.
Use a test light to find the one fuse that doesn't have power on either end of it unless the headlight switch is pulled. Make sure that fuse is good. Don't be certain the dash lights aren't working until you look for them in the dark.
Hope this helps

Ok, I don't have ground wires running from the sockets, unless they are tied into the ground wire that bolts to the core support in the main harness, or were they done like the rears, and have a spade attached, for the grounds?
if so, mine are m i a , and I turn the light out in the garage to check the dash lights, thanks.

update, I took my test light, and the park lights are grounded, and me thinks my temp sensor is shot,as when I touched the test light to it, the light came on, and I have a few others, when I tested them, the test light didn't light, I was busy with other things on the car, so after I put new brakes on in the am, I'll check out the light switch, thanks again.
Mark

-
Back