No Fire

-

Confusedcuda

Reaction score
All right guys, just got my vaporlock issue resolved and now this. Car just drove this past weekend fine. Started to give her a goos waxing getting ready for the show season. Went to start it up yesterday and would turn over but no fire. pulled off the coil wire at dist. and put it on air cleaner screw to see if it sparked from my car. When you turn the car over there is NO spark. When I turn the key back to the off position, then there is a spark, every time I go back to the off position after cranking it, there is a spark. I had to change my Orange Box about 3 years ago, surely it is not bad again. What do you think? Thanks!

are you using a ballast resistor? if so stick a different one there and see if that fixes it.

The brown bypass circuit coming from the ignition switch may not be working. This is a brown wire, comes directly from the switch, through the bulkhead, to the coil side of the ballast. You should have "same as battery" there when cranking BY USING THE KEY. No1 suspect is the bulkhead connector

Changed the ballist resistor and she fired right up, Thanks Guys!

-
Back