no fuel?

-

shanson30

Reaction score
I need help, I replaced the pump but still nothing, can the lobe on the cam be flat? Someone thinks a rod between the pump lever and cam sliped out?
Not any of my friends into sixes. I bought an electric pump but if it's simple i like to keep it stock. I've replaced everything else. thanks for advice.

Not sure on slants if there is a lobe on the cam or an eccentric. Don't think it's a pushrod style.

Well there could be a cracked line back at the fuel tank where the sender meets the hardline. Also a clogged pickup screen in the tank.

Is this a new problem? Just trying to start this car for the first time?

Not enough info... Did it run before and suddenly fail ?
Replaced everything else ?
It aint easy to bolt a pump on with the push rod out of place. It can be done but it will bend the pump arm or break an ear off the pump as the bolts draw it up tight.
The problem is either the pump itself, before the pump, or after the pump.
I'd start by attaching a rubber hose to the in side of the pump and dropped into a gas can. leave the out side of the pump disconnected and turn the engine over. If the pump works it will pull fuel from the can . Re attach the out side of the pump and the should run. If it dont run off the gas can the needle/seat in the carb bowl is stuck closed.

Doubt Its The Cam Lobe.
Check The Rubber Hose Coming From The Tank To The Line For Cracks.
The Pickup May Have Broken Or Rotted Off Inside The Tank

thanks,REDFISH I bought the dart not running. New tank, sending unit, rubber hose, and pump. tried the gas can and no luck. I use brake cleaner to clean old fuel lines and air from front to back. The car runs fine pouring gas in the carb.no gas to the in line filter. A friend installed the new pump, that why i was asking about a push rod. thanks again for your help.

Ok loosen the line where it enters the carb and see if that line fills. Could very well be clogged all the way into the bowl.

hello,
it is easy to wrongly instal the pump on a slant with the actuator arm under the cam lobe.
make sure that the arm is on top of the cam lobe,and see how you go.

regards,Rod:happy10:

Good point walpola.

If you wanna know if the hard line is clogged pull the feed hose off the pump and blow into it , you should hear bubbles in the tank, if not there is a hole somewhere or the hard line is clogged with gum.

-
Back