Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
Hey everybody, this is my dads truck and I was over helping dad put a new bed in the box. He mentioned that he would like what they call spears that go on the quarters of his truck. His is a 1958 Chevy Fleetside...ya ya but I love it and so does he. LOL. The "spears" are actually three chrome pieces on each side. he has 2 for each side, the front and the rear, what he is looking for is the middle piece that joins into the front and rear pieces. they are about 4' long approx for each side. These pieces were 59 only, his is a 58 but they fit and look soooo cool. If anyone comes across them drop me a pm pronto. It would me much appreciated.
Thanks 4spd

DSCF4004 (Medium).JPG

DSCF4009 (Medium).JPG

Ooooh my.....are we gonna get our pink parts slapped for the non mopar pics???LOL I would love one of those!! There is one around the corner from me getting redone, but a panel with no windows!! That one for sale??

Ooooh my.....are we gonna get our pink parts slapped for the non mopar pics???LOL I would love one of those!! There is one around the corner from me getting redone, but a panel with no windows!! That one for sale??

Probably not. Truck ****'s cool too. Very nice trucks btw!!!

Very nice, I was wondering when you were going to post some pics of that. I need to get some new ones of my dads truck since he put the new wheels on it. Hope you find the side trim. I know I have been looking for it for my dads for quite some time. Did see a set that poped up on ebay once. Made 68 trunk trim look like penny candy when it sold.
rt66.jpg

What the Truck LOL, sweet trucks.Steve I am sure it was your Dad that got you hook on cars,am I right.My Dad had a 58 Chev truck when I was 9 my sisters would hide when they saw a friend on the street,me I stood proud even tho it was in very bad shape.Thanks for the flash back.

Thanks guys, yep snake dad got me hooked on cars....the only mopar I remember him owning was a 72 charger, I was about 8 years old and he was taking me to cub scouts and I fell out of the damn thing doing about 20 miles an hour!!LOL He was squawkin at me about 30 seconds earlier telling me to lock the door cuz it wasnt closed.....didnt listen then and dont listen much now!! Funny how I am still into the mopars after falling out of one!!

He bought it about 3 years ago and just before that he was looking at buying a brand new truck to go along with his everyday driver truck. I told him to get a truck he always wanted a classic of some kind...couldnt talk him into a mopar, but a beautiful truck nonetheless. The one thing I love about that truck is that it is totally stock except for the rims and tires. 6cyl 4spd std on the floor, pedal starter, armstrong steering. For everything he has done for me, my kids and my cars thru the years, I would love to find this trim for him!
Keep yer eyes peeled.

Thanks guys

Same color scheme as this?? Not much difference between the 2 if I remember correctly. The 55 only has the single headlights.

Just a quick odd bit of information....
The sides of the 55 to 57 Chevy Cameo trucks were made out of fiberglass...

If its a classic it is appriciated, I am envious of the people who grew up in these era's. I am stuck with the idiots that drive rice burners. :/

Thanks J4R3D, I would love to find a solid roller to get my kids involved in. Or at least get mine back from the shop, so they can join in! Hope I have better luck with guiding them in their choice of cars....Lord knows I havent in their choice of music LOL

They werent steel??

Nope he is right they are glass. It also has a bumper that the center pulls out to access the spare tire. My brothers is opposite the one pictured. White with red on it. The Cameo also has a car type tail light. They are very unique trucks.

Thats cool.....I much prefer the quirks of old vehicles from years ago, as opposed to GPS and all that $hit on the new vehicles. Surprisingly enough I seem to see quite a bit of these on egag and going for a pretty good deal.

Actually the cameo was 55-58. The bedsides were fiberglass as well as end caps, tailgate cover and bumper. All is repopped now. You can even tell if the box (which is basically a stepside) was a real cameo. It had no holes for the stepside fenders. Also had special hardware for the tailgate and cables that retracted the tailgate. The 55 had no chrome side trim like the 56-58s. They also had a spare tire well behind the center of the 3 piece bumper made of fiberglass. I have had 7 of the 55-59 chevys. Even parted 58 longbed like that one. I have a 56 gmc big window left in pieces along with lots of spare parts but sorry NO sarge stripes. I think thats what some called them because of the 3 vert. stripes at the taillights. I do love seeing these trucks. I sold my DD about 4 yrs ago to buy my 69 cuda.

Actually the cameo was 55-58. The bedsides were fiberglass as well as end caps, tailgate cover and bumper. All is repopped now. You can even tell if the box (which is basically a stepside) was a real cameo. It had no holes for the stepside fenders. Also had special hardware for the tailgate and cables that retracted the tailgate. The 55 had no chrome side trim like the 56-58s. They also had a spare tire well behind the center of the 3 piece bumper made of fiberglass. I have had 7 of the 55-59 chevys. Even parted 58 longbed like that one. I have a 56 gmc big window left in pieces along with lots of spare parts but sorry NO sarge stripes. I think thats what some called them because of the 3 vert. stripes at the taillights. I do love seeing these trucks. I sold my DD about 4 yrs ago to buy my 69 cuda.

Yep, they repop most of the stuff for Cameo's. And you thought reproduction sheetmetal was bad......

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back