No low pressure switch or wiring near dryer

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Its a truck but, can I still get some help. 70 D200 with 383. The orginal factory dryer doesn't have the switch and the truck FSM doesn't show one. The new dryer has one but, can I just remove it and plug the hole. I really don't want to add wiring since I'm keeping it stock for now. Is it better to have one anyway?

It is simple to wire it in and it could save you from burning up your compressor should the freon leak out. Basically it interrupts the power going to the clutch. When the pressure on the switch gets to low the circuit opens and the clutch looses its power source.

Can you leave the senor installed in case you want to mess with it later?

I'd do that..

Follow the suction side tube/ hose from the evap to the compressor and make sure there "isn't" a switch there. If not I'd just splice that one right in series with the clutch wire.

I would not call this "normally closed" "Normal" terms on a switch means "at rest." If you remove that switch it will be open. When installed, and the system charged, the pressure in the system KEEPS the switch closed. If the charge gets low enough, it will drop the switch out. If the charge is low enough when in operation, the reduced pressure on the suction side will also drop the switch out.

-
Back