No more raised brown letters

-

69conv

error 401
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Apparently B F Goodrich produced a defective run of tires. I bought 4 with some cool wheels from American Specialty an the back tire were constantly turning brown.
Resized_20201115_134041.jpeg

I finally got tired (see how I did that) and filed a claim to get them replaced. I had less than 500 miles on them due to the ongoing resto but they were about 5 years old. They gave me a 50% credit toward the replacement tires so I guess I shouldn't complain, but more importantly I won't have to apologize for the way they look any more.

Resized_20201122_113208.jpeg
Resized_20201122_113208.jpeg

Glad they came "good" for 1/2 price...did you have to turn the old ones in?
Ps we dont see enough pics of the topless one, beautiful!
Thanks. Little details that I didn't post included making it line up. There's some play/adjustibility in the hinges. It took several adjuments in positioning the cover on the hinges to get it to line up and have an even gap.

Apparently B F Goodrich produced a defective run of tires. I bought 4 with some cool wheels from American Specialty an the back tire were constantly turning brown.
View attachment 1715635174

I finally got tired (see how I did that) and filed a claim to get them replaced. I had less than 500 miles on them due to the ongoing resto but they were about 5 years old. They gave me a 50% credit toward the replacement tires so I guess I shouldn't complain, but more importantly I won't have to apologize for the way they look any more.

View attachment 1715635185 View attachment 1715635185

They kept the old tires and I bought smaller profile tires for the front to address a slight rubbing issue. So they came out OK financially. Otherwise the would have been remounted blackwall out and I would have a smokefest!

0615 045.jpg

Got my My BF Goodrich 's maybe 2 years ago, only have about 500 miles on them, seem get white again after some scrubbing but turn tan to brown in a few days.
Is that similar to your situation?
How did you go about starting the replacement process?
I guess they know the serial#s for the bad batch?
Thanks,
Joe

Sounds identical. Found my rec't and took the the tires to the local B F Goodrich dealer. When it seemed they were dragging their feet I called the warranty number
1-877-788-8899 and initiated a claim. Then I called the dealer with the claim number and they finished it up. This is an ongoing problem reported many times on FABO.

Sounds identical. Found my rec't and took the the tires to the local B F Goodrich dealer. When it seemed they were dragging their feet I called the warranty number
1-877-788-8899 and initiated a claim. Then I called the dealer with the claim number and they finished it up. This is an ongoing problem reported many times on FABO.
My fronts are good. My 255/60-15 rears are a pile. I contacted Goodrich and they suggested I go to a local dealer. 2 local dealers gave me the "take them back to where you bought them" run around. Looks like I need to dial the 877 number above. Thanks for the info!

They have a process where you initiate a claim, take them to a dealer and the dealer calls B F while you are right there and hopefully resolves the issue.

They kept the old tires and I bought smaller profile tires for the front to address a slight rubbing issue. So they came out OK financially. Otherwise the would have been remounted blackwall out and I would have a smokefest!

View attachment 1715635206
What size did you have up front that rubbed and what did you go to? I am building a 67 Barracuda FB and will need to know what works. Thanks

I had 225 70 15's and I went to 225 60 15's. Gave me about 3/4" smaller tire. I also have the torsion bars up a bit to clear the headers too. Hope this helps. Good luck with your build!

I had 225 70 15's and I went to 225 60 15's. Gave me about 3/4" smaller tire. I also have the torsion bars up a bit to clear the headers too. Hope this helps. Good luck with your build!
Thanks for the input. I have some different sizes In the loft to try but Your info helps narrow it down. I like the stance of wide tires on the front. I will have my 70 Duster done by the spring first and will start testing that one first.

-
Back