No oil pressure

-

SBDart

Reaction score
I known the answer to this question before I ask it.340 rod bearing are different the 360 rod Bearing ? The reason I ask this question is I have just put my engine together a I have changed the oil pump and I have no oil presser well a little about 15lbs . When I got the block from the Michine shop and the all the bearing got home looking
At my invoice I noticed the rod bearing was marked as 360 rod bearing. So I call an said you send the wrong rod bearing his sent me 360 rod bearing and they said it will work I said no it won't work cause the 340 an the 360 are different. They said it will work they are the same guarantee you that!!!! Not..

I think the only difference is in the crank mains not the actual rod ends.

273/318/340/360 all use the same rod bearing....only he 360 uses a larger MAIN bearing...

plus...did you verify that all the oil plug gallery plugs were in place....especially the one on the driver side...inside the engine at the rear of the oil gallery?

plus...did you verify that all the oil plug gallery plugs were in place....especially the one on the driver side...inside the engine at the rear of the oil gallery?

I've done that. A lot of people walk right by that one. The good news is that it's something you'll only do once.

I called mike from MRL he said it was a plug pull the intake and check it out , its was a plug in the back of the engine ,
it was not easy but I got it in now I got great presser.

Tony got that one rite on the money.... Fewww..Glad to hear you got it fixed Larry..... I have to say... I got stung by that "Plug behind the plug" deal a looooong time ago. Scary feeling when your new build spooks you like that.. Have fun with that Dart Man. :)

-
Back