No oil to my rockers AARGH! HELP!

-
That's the way :cheers:
your shafts have notches in them...

the notches need to point down and towards YOUR left while installing them...

that will put the oil holes down and towards the exhaust....

so passender side the notches point toward firewall....driver side the notches point toward front of car...

I don't have to do this anymore because I marked (indexed) the balancer. When priming the pump I would turn the crank 2 degrees at a time and prime. Took a few turns but when I would get pressure on one bank, I would stop and mark the balancer (index with timing mark) and continue untill I had pressure on other bank, stop and index. Anytime I change cams or have it down I just rotate and align the index mark and repeat for other side to varify pressure to top end. Takes a few minuters to do it but once indexed it is really easy and quick. Just thought I would throw that out there. It works for me. Good luck.

Terry

Great idea Terry!:cheers:

head studs wii create this promblem to.make sure you rotate very slow and keep drill running .

I've ran my drill for over 2.5 minutes while hand cranking the engine around and still nothing.

This is why I said stop and find the problem. He should have had pressure a long time ago. I use a cordless drill, and with it, it takes about 20-40 seconds to daw up oil into the pump, then it's instantaneous and you can hear the lifter galleys fill and gurgle. Once I have that, I turn the crank by hand slowly thru two complete revolutions, and that is usually plenty to see oil coming out the rockers. Less than a minute in drill time.

were cam bearings installed ???? Incorrectly installed cam bearings will not feed oil to the galley that feeds the rocker pedestals , but it will have oil everywhere else :read2:

cam brg 002.jpg

dude i feel like you need to pull the cam and verify the iol bore passages are
unrestricted. and look at your rocker shafts again. efen if you have the slotted end of the shaft on the correct lnd of the head, they may still be upside down. and did you check your oil gallery plugs yet? you never replied to that.

also make sure that the plug in the back of the lifter galley is in also.if you had the block clean they remove that plug and may have not replaced it.

Yes , I agree..you should have had pressure up there by now. You have an issue there you need to find. I wouldn't fire it up until I found the problem. Look to Rocker shafts, oil galley plugs front and rear, and number 5 main, ( alot of 'chevy' shops will leave this out). head gasket, cam bearings aligning with feed holes. FIRST thing I check after new set installed. It would surprise you to how sloppy some shops can install them. Please let us know what you find. Good luck, I hope it is an easy fix for you.

Terry

-
Back