no parking lights .help.

-

limelite70

Reaction score
hello,today i decided to take my 73 duster for a ride.
no parking light.
the head lights,blinkers ,brake lights all work.
but no dash or parking lights. tried 2 h/l switches. checked all grounds.
any suggestions. thanks

probably sounds stoopid,,, Checked the 1157 bulbs and all the fuses ?

Not 100% with a 73 but...The "switch" itself has letters beside the spades or pins. "B" is ..or should be your correct run for the marker lights and cluster. It's quite possible that the female sleve within the plastic connector has moved back causing an open circuit. Sometimes, this plastic connector starts to melt a tad in an area that holds the connector spade. This will stop the male and female to connect correctly because pushing the connector together just pushes out the wire. If possible, reach up and pull off the main connector from the switch. With it down.....see if you can look into the main connector where the male spade would go. (should be a female sleve with 2 wires joined together). Now give the wire a little "wiggle" to see if in fact it's moving around or pulls easly out of the connector itself. If so, you have to push it on the male spade first, then slowly push the connector unit back on without distubing the wire.

Just a stab...keep us posted.

Light switch2.JPG

Check for a missing fuse. There was an annoyance buzzer that was on the same circuit as the park and dash lights so you couldn't disable it by pulling the fuse. Not sure but I think it was the seat belt buzzer. Hope this helps.

-
Back