No Power what so every to car bad connection?

-

360Duster75

Reaction score
Ok so i am trying to get my Duster started to sell faster and it is gettiung no power whats so ever to the car. I cant even jump the starter to even turn it over. Would the cables be corroded enough to cause this or is it something else?

I check the link and it was in good i reset it. I think it may be the cables. They are VERY bad corroded so i might cut it and re-do the terminal. The Ammeter isnt reading anything either nothing is getting to the car from the battery. Im stumped on this one.

If jumpering the starter won't crank the engine, the problem is likely under the hood. Remove and clean the battery clamps. If no improvement, get your test light, meter

Hook the meter/ light to the engine block, and stab the probe directly into the top of the battery post.

Jumper the two connections at the starter. If you show any voltage above a few tenths of a volt, or get a glow from the light, that cable is bad, or you have a bad connection

Do the same, positive cable. Put your meter on the starter relay battery stud an the battery positive post. Jumper the starter. And reading above a couple of a tenths of a volt means bad cable/ bad connections.

Now do the starter. Use a clip lead to CARFULLY clip to the starter large stud. Hook that to the meter, and the other probe to battery positive. Jumper the starter. Again, more than .2V or so means bad cable, bad connections.

You can also check from the block to the starter relay battery stud. Jumper the starter. What does the meter drop to? Below 10V means bad cables, or connections, or the battery is bad or undercharged.

Thanks for the reply. Yea i got power to starter now had to cut about an inch off the cable. Had power to the Cab for about 10 seconds then when down again. I think i may have a few loose wires in the cab somewhere now. Ill grab my friends Volt meter tomorrow and start checking everything else.

-
Back