no slip 7 1/4 rear

-

Mopar318Guy

bear jew
Reaction score
im gonna weld up my 7 1/4s 2.76s. its gettin swapped out for a new 8 1/4. any suggestions on how to weld it up. will i have to take the rear out to do it? can the punkin stay in the housing?
thanks

you just mentioned that your taking the 7 1/4 out right.So why weld it up if your taking it out.sounds like a waste of time.just pull it and put the 8 1/4 in.have fun what ever you decide,it will be knowledge under your belt!!

whenit buys the farm you may be passing a bunch of school kids or flying down theroad at 90.either way the results could be tragic. think about it

How good are you at doing body work?!/4 panels don,t take a liken to wheels with axels flying off!!crunch,crunch!!!Can you say B_O_N_D_O

Now I don't want to add any fuel to the fire but I've blown up two 7 1/4 rears and they both wipped out the spider gears (one behind a slant and the other behind a 340) needless to say the one that was behind the 340 was a little more spectacular. So what would happen if you take the spider gears out of the equation? What would be the next weakest link to break and where? I say weld it up and do some nuclear burnouts in the driveway (that is if you are going to be replacing the 1/4s anyway.) oh well curiosity killed the matt. :)

Thanks
Matt

We have dun it before to our dirt cars and it will not hold up on pavement.
Use the time to prep the nuts and bolts for the swap and save a good 7 1/4

They do make posi units for 7 1/4 and they are stronger then some people think, Just don't throw 300hp at them all the time.:read2:
Yep ! anything could happen that you would regret8)

-
Back