No spark

-

cudadan

Reaction score
Got my hotwwire harness in and hooked up.. Fits and qualityis eexcellent.. I installed a push button and cranks great. Issue is no spark.. I have power to the coils while crabking, just a steady light.. Not a blinking light, same for the injectors, just nothing coming outta the coils.. This is a vrate motor and the coils are all new.. Grounds are all good..Im at a loss.. Been in contact with chris at hotwire anf so far no luck... What am i over looking?

I am going to Assume (always dangerous) that you are using a stock computer with a Hotwire harness. If this is the case start with the simple stuff.

1. CHECK your grounds. All of the sensors on the motor, especially the crank position sensor and the camshaft position sensor REQUIRE excellent grounds. Make sure that your batter is grounded to the motor directly and that you've cleaned all the paint off the point where the ground strap attaches. Make sure that your harness is also grounded DIRECTLY to the motor as well. Make sure that you have ground straps that go from your engine to the chassis.

2. Make sure the computer is mounted and grounded as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I always check my grounds (Powers too) with a sealed beam headlight. One lead to the battery and the other to your grounds at the pcm and make sure its nice and bright, best way to confirm , puts it under a load.

If ok , I would put a scan tool and check for codes and look at the data to make sure everything looks ok .

Thx for the info. Im gonna pull all the sensors tomorrow and make sure all the connections are good.. I even moved my grounds t a different spot to see if that helped.. Driving me crazy.. So close to fire up

New cam sensor and new crank sensor.. And no worky.. Just checked for power on. The. Black plug on the computer and i have power right where i need to.. Hope the computer didnt crap out for some reason

Factory computer have skim? Where did the PCM come from? Prolly has security on it.

Riddler

Did you have hotwire reprogram your computer?

If you did they should have dealt with the security.

If not, you may need to send it to them to have them do some reprogramming.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I don't know much about these and haven't dealt much with 'em. Can you read the OBD and get into diagnostics?

Also What year motor are you running?

It's an 05 I found my stupid mistake.the key crank wire I had it on the factory ignition key crank.not to the new push button..switched the wire and it fired soon as I hit the button.. I read the instructions wrong for that wire.. all better now.:burnout:

-
Back