No start from key.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hey guys,have a little problim,When i go to start nothing from the key.The yellow wire at the relay with my test light it glows, when i try to start but no crank-en so we know thats fine,the brown wire does not light I think thats right?.Now when the key is on start posion and i jump at relay it sparks and the starter spins.the seat belt relay is jump.Ok were next to look. not sure if i fried the relay,but here is a little story,my bad.I had the starter cable push out of the way, I forgot about it and a few days later thought its time to check lights and things.Well the red cable got grounded 30 seconds max i smelled something and killed the power at the BAT+everything is working outer that no start at the key.

Hey guys,have a little problim,When i go to start nothing from the key.The yellow wire at the relay with my test light it glows, when i try to start but no crank-en so we know thats fine,the brown wire does not light I think thats right?.Now when the key is on start posion and i jump at relay it sparks and the starter spins.the seat belt relay is jump.Ok were next to look. not sure if i fried the relay,but here is a little story,my bad.I had the starter cable push out of the way, I forgot about it and a few days later thought its time to check lights and things.Well the red cable got grounded 30 seconds max i smelled something and killed the power at the BAT+everything is working outer that no start at the key.
Check your bulkhead connection.

does sound like the relay - jumping it will allow the juice to get to the starter even though the relay is bad because you are making a direct connection..

Ok,what i tried this morning,flip the nss connector don't know if that help,now I am still putting this together,shiftier is not hook up yet.It was in first gear with spark so i thought it was N.Shift the leaver to P starter now turns with spark and N, witch as we all know is right.Sweet,but does not explain spark at first gear, when i first tried ,but now all is well,no spark in D123.

-
Back