No Water Pressure

-
Oh, cool you got lucky. I was under my house putting heat tape on my pipes and getting insulation in my eyes, in the dark, up hill both ways jeez
:rofl: I'm glad it wasn't that bad for me. lol

Sounds like Georgia is not far enough south for you. Maybe somewhere in the Caribbean?

Yes sir. That's what it was. That was the only TINY section I did not insulate. That beeotch will be wrapped to kingdom come and back here in an hour or three when the Ace Hardware opens. lol Ray's hair dryer trick did it. Thank you Ray!
That line is exactly what i was going to suggest. If the wellhead is in an insulated box,a 60 watt incandesant bulb will keep it from freezing. Frost line here is 6 feet. I have some water line that is buried on top of bedrock,insulation on top and 24” below surface.

Back in Mo. the well, tank etc was out in the broodmare pasture. I built a "box" around it all about 4 x 4 with a removable top, all well insulated with bats. That pipe to the switch never froze until an Alberta clipper roared thru and wind chill went to like minus 30 or 50. The darn broddmares were always itching ther butts on the box and would have the lid off a little to let some air in. Don't take much air when that cold!!! That pipe wouldfreee, and I would drive the truck out there. I could not stand that wind more than a couple of minutes. Canutes would call me a pussy. Seemed like it alway took more than a couple of minutes!!
When I moved to SW Mo. I put the pressure tank in the barn or house! 200 mi further South, The locals thought I was NUTS!!
I have a couple of fingers that when they get reallyc old, it feels lke someone jabbing them with a knife..over an over.
Not a pussy, just a perfect operating self preservation instinct. I despise winter ever since our first winter vacation in the south. My hands pretty much stop working if im out in the cold too long.

That line is exactly what i was going to suggest. If the wellhead is in an insulated box,a 60 watt incandesant bulb will keep it from freezing. Frost line here is 6 feet. I have some water line that is buried on top of bedrock,insulation on top and 24” below surface.
It's not. That's one goal for 2023. To build a well house.

-
Back