Noisy Valve Train

-

IRISH RT

Reaction score
Recently Purchased a Hughes Roller Rocker Kit And Rhoades Lifters For My 360 I Have all The Gear Fitted Shims Nicely Spaced With Minimal end Play, Thee Problem The Whole Valve Train is Noisy as once Engine up to Temprature, I have Adjusted the Rockers to 0 lash Also put heavier oil in But No Difference

What Am I doing Wrong any ideas , How to Remedy the Problem

If your running a Hydraulic cam you'll need some preload between 10 and 60 thousands depending on what your going to do with it and who you talk to.

roades bleed down at idle and low RPM and then pump up with RPM I used to have a set and hated them plus they beat the hell out of my valve train

If it sounds like a bunch of sew machines, that's more or less what roller rockers sound like.

You need to go to the Rhoads site and read their instructions, because they way you describe is not quite right. You can vary the adjustment a god bit.

In the end, they are still Rhoads lifters. They make noise. Period.

Did It The Rhoades way and Ended up with Valves Partially open And Bending a Valve on my new eddy Rpm Heads on Start up ,

if anything wouldn't the valves be open less if you went from 0 lash to 20 thousandths or so?

the way it looks to me if that motor had been run before, that valve was probably bent before adding valve lash... if im not mistaken (im not super familiar with those lifters and how much extra lift they add at high rpm)

the way it looks to me if that motor had been run before, that valve was probably bent before adding valve lash... if im not mistaken (im not super familiar with those lifters and how much extra lift they add at high rpm)

The VMax can add as much as .040" or as little as 0.00" depending on how they're adjusted.

I meant subtract as much as .040".

I adjusted them to 25 thou,

Then you must have done it with the cam on the nose and not the base circle on whichever valve got bent. There's no other explanation.

did you rev the motor to a higher rpm than before then? im honestly just asking because id like to find out more, im no expert but im sure someone else knows

Done Them all on the Back Of The Cam, intake manifold on , Pistons in Rotation on TDC

-
Back