Non AC blower motor ground?

-

ricomondo

Reaction score
I had my heater box restored and before sending it out, I observed the blower motor ground wire was behind the spacer for the mounting stud. Would this be the proper location?
I had not had the car long before taking the interior out so I don’t know if the motor worked properly before hand. Posting before and after pics. Looking in my FSM was inconclusive unless I missed it?

TIA!

D2941931-E6F9-454F-915C-7D0E43EC48A5.jpeg

7D0BB7FC-7855-4599-9110-16369D823E31.jpeg

I don't know if that is stock or not but it should be fine. It will be clamped between the metal motor mount and the standoff. The bolt of the standoff will be clamped between the standoff and the body of the car.

Wrong! The brown ground wire is a very long one and attaches to screw at the heater core clamp and then continues over to the right kick pad for a real ground.

I noticed the new ground eyelet is crimped for 2 wires but only one in it? Make sure the wire is snug and crimped properly.

Wrong! The brown ground wire is a very long one and attaches to screw at the heater core clamp and then continues over to the right kick pad for a real ground.
@Murray - think you might be thinking of another A body? @Dana67Dart & @CFD244 this is a 71 Demon heater box and no way the stock wiring is reaching the right kick panel. The stock wiring is just long enough to get to where it was originally and confirmed above by @CFD244

D93C9646-7DE8-4609-A1BA-A26814FA41E9.jpeg

-
Back