Non-Mopar project I've been working on.

-
Dang.. Color looks great.

What is booth setup? Just tack off the car, wet the floor and start spraying? Do you have a fan to exhaust the overspray?

Last edited:
Dang.. Color looks great.

What is booth setup? Just tack off the car, we the floor and start spraying? Do you have a fan to exhaust the overspray?
I have an exhaust with filters on it. Not the best setup but it works and can get a pretty clean job.

:rofl: Well, the weather strip that screws to the t top trim that screws to the t-top that has rusted up 10-24 screws turned into a nightmare and had to pop the cages off the nuts on a few and retapped a few. Screwing the trim on to the t-top with new hardware 3 of 4 screws were fine. The fourth, that last little 1/4 turn to snug popped a chunk of glass off the outside so I had to repaint that top. Shyt happens. lol Murphy is handing me my azz on this thing. And vette doors, glass, and handles are a nightmare. Should be finished up by the end of the week. All new gaskets for the t-tops, windshield posts, doors, and It's a Metro set they got me and it's a little ill fitting. Door gaskets are glued on with no clips PITA. Some of it's riveted on with odd size rivets so been chasing hardware also. Every piece of trim hardware has disintegrated on this thing. Plus my FIL had used every kind of goop, silicone, gasket maker all over and around the old gaskets most of which I cleaned up for paint.
So, just a couple little details then. :D
that last little 1/4 turn to snug popped a chunk...
Always stop a quarter turn before something breaks. :thumbsup:

getting there
20170613_195410.jpeg

Looks great G!

But I have to ask...what's with the gap around that hood? It looks really out of alignment at the base of the windshield in the pic?

Oh yeah, scrub the blue off those white letter tires! :poke:

The paint is beautiful and really works on that body Vette!

:thumbsup:
The hoods not closed down on the latches. When it's latched at the back sits down there pretty nice. The latches are spring loaded so it holds the hood up.

Aftermarket hood. Did the best I could with it and did some work around the gaps on both the fenders and hood. It's about 3/16-1/4 short on both corners where they meet the back edge of the hood. It's curved there so it actually looks pretty good. It's back as far as I could put it without making the front gap really wide. I pretty much skim coated the hood with filler because it was a lumpy wavy mess.
20170605_025744.jpeg

Last edited:
I might have said it before, but it's cool to see that hood I grew up seeing in ads in Hot Rod magazine, actually on a car! I'm sure there were a ton back in the 80's but I never saw any.

I might have said it before, but it's cool to see that hood I grew up seeing in ads in Hot Rod magazine, actually on a car! I'm sure there were a ton back in the 80's but I never saw any.
Where I went to high school in North Jersey in the late 80's every guy named Tony who was somebody had an iroc with that hood on it. Fogeddaboudit!!!!!!!:lol:

OK, the headlights he picked out that I'm not really crazy about. He wanted "hassle free" instead of dealing with the problematic vacuum system.

fia headlights.jpg

I'm thinking a little trimming and paint to match. To me still looks awful but better then the white vette? What says youse guyz?

yellow vette.jpg

The lenses themselves are really not all that "nice" looking to leave them clear

I have not looked at this in a while.... You have been rolling. A car guy getting it done to help another car guy...... First class all the way George.

I need to update my Galaxie thread. I drove it from the exhaust shop to the owners house on Monday. For a car that has sat for probably 20 years I was in shock how the car performed overall. And when he drove it (I basically had to push him to do it) you talk about happy land lol....

Good job George,
JW

I ditched the aluminum bars across the front. Just going to use some small stainless hardware.

-
Back