NON MOPAR.....view at your own risk. 1969 mustang mach 1 measurements needed.

-

clementine

Flight risk
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello FABO,
I have a huge project car. Its a 69 mustang fastback mach 1 deal. There is no roof on the car and the PO did me no favors as to the way he cut it off. It is what it is but if any of youz guyz have a 69/70 mach 1, I am looking for some measurements to get this roof on correctly.

Thanks FABO

IMG_6810.jpg

20201122_110422.jpg

20201122_090806.jpg

20201124_181320.jpg

Last edited:
I'd junk it. Needs more work and money than it's worth. You'd be better off getting a different car

I am just going to put the body together and cage/frame the car for rigidity. This is not a concourse restoration. The car will be a driver and I will have less than 10K into it. Thats the goal.

I would first confirm 100% that 69 and 70 are the same. Don't assume, because they may not be. I would assume so, but if I assumed it, I would end up being wrong. LOL

That said, contact CJ Pony Parts. Someone there might can help you.

I would first confirm 100% that 69 and 70 are the same. Don't assume, because they may not be. I would assume so, but if I assumed it, I would end up being wrong. LOL
Good advice. I've been caught on lesser details.

The thing is, I have the glass for the car, I just want some ballpark measurements to get me close. I can do some tacks to get it positioned and then work on making sure she is square. Screw on the quarters and make sure the doors are gonna fit right. the car actually runs. Its a matter of time and patience. No real rust to speak of. You dont see these, it would be fun to bomb one around. Of course AFTER the barracuda is up and running.

IF no one here has one of these things, maybe someone has an opinion (you know you do.) as to which of the 40 mustang forums is a good one.

I am just going to put the body together and cage/frame the car for rigidity. This is not a concourse restoration. The car will be a driver and I will have less than 10K into it. Thats the goal.
10k won't even come close. Unless you already have the interior that will cost you around 4k unless it's go used. A decent rebuilt engine will be at least 4k. All of the sheetmetal probably 3 grand. I really think that you'll be time and money ahead by getting a different car.

You guys giving me a red X know that I'm right in the long run. Even if he builds it for fun it's going to cost him more than the 10k he mentioned. I'd say that he's looking at more like 25k -30k. Interior alone if bought new is probably close to 4k. Rebuild the engine, at least 5k, there's 9k and I haven't mentioned any sheet metal.

You guys giving me a red X know that I'm right in the long run. Even if he builds it for fun it's going to cost him more than the 10k he mentioned. I'd say that he's looking at more like 25k -30k. Interior alone if bought new is probably close to 4k. Rebuild the engine, at least 5k, there's 9k and I haven't mentioned any sheet metal.
Im the one that "X"ed you. You havent read the post. You are responding to the thread without paying attention. Please go away.

One of my favorite year Mustangs, I had an opportunity to buy an original 428 car about 40 years ago, but was too lazy to follow up on it.:BangHead:

That's a hell of a project. Who cares if it's not perfect when it's "done." Get it on the road and beat the **** out of it. Keep us posted on the progress.

I have certainly found over the years that the simple satisfaction of dragging a shell home and the transformation is what gets me all cranked up. The constant search for parts, opening a new box from Summit. It just all makes the experience a great time and provides years of satisfaction. Once it is done it is on to the next one! Hah! It is a sickness we all share! I don’t care if it is a Mopar or a Ford or lord have mercy yet another Camaro! I built a 55 (5 window) Apache truck for the wife many years ago and it may still be my favorite!

That's a hell of a project. Who cares if it's not perfect when it's "done." Get it on the road and beat the **** out of it. Keep us posted on the progress.
That is what Im talkin about!!!
351 with a 4 speed. I dont need perfection on this one. I just need measurements. I believe I will have to moonlight to get them, but I will give CJ pony parts a call. All else fails I get the windshield gasket and do some fitting/math for the A pillar. Getting the rear of the roof (height wise) will be a bit of a challenge.

-
Back