• Car #1

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • Car #2

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • Car #3

Votes: 8 8.9%

• Total voters
-
What's a Plymouth anyway?? I've heard of Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda....but not Plymouth....

This one time.... Parked the Demon next to a Nova at a cruise in. The owner of the Nova informed me my car was Chrysler's answer to the Nova. I replied, if my Demon was the answer then obviously the question was "Who builds a better looking and faster car?".

Nova
Omega
Ventura
Apollo

No matter what GM division built it, they are all Nova.

...although I'd swear that one in the middle is an acadian.
nah, that's one of these:
4r8e43.jpg

Please tell me your joking! There had to be some sarcasm there that I missed because there are distinct differences between the two!

LOL, Scamper, I am joking. Back in the day my buddies and I would poke fun at one of our group by telling him that his 1970 Cuda was Mopar copy of a 1968 Camaro and that the Challenger was a copy of the 1969 Camaro.

You didn't spell check your title. Noo is supposed to be spelled "New"....

That's a pretty nice "new" Nova you have there....

When I saw the title and 1st post to the thread I chuckled and thought time for a wisecrack or two,,,,,but everybody beat me too it, lol.

To the unedgeahhmakated I can see how non-car people can see a similarity, but to all of us the Nova is nothing like the beautiful fastback from ma Mopar!

Duster was #3 right? .....right?

All those that voted for car #2 ........ you just don't get it do you?

You're taking life too seriously .... chill out.

Ive got a story for this one. My son and I were coming home from the drag races about 3 weeks ago. We stopped at a gas station, and a truck with some young kids come pulling it. The driver yells " Man nice car is that like a Camaro or something" I say no its a Plymouth Duster. He says "What motor is in it". I say its a 440. He says is that like a 350 bored out. My 13 year old son is laughing his *** off. That is one trip with my son I will remember for the rest of my life.

I can see how the 70 duster was inspired by the 68 nova, but there are advancements, esp the lack of sedan doors and the glass curvature (not to mention a MUCH stronger uni-body). (has more headroom and leg room, too)

With that said, the 73 and up nova actually looks like more of a copy of the Duster than the Duster does of the nova (if you can understand that).

With that said, the 73 and up nova actually looks like more of a copy of the Duster than the Duster does of the nova (if you can understand that).

It's not like every one who drives a Nova is an a--hole, but every a--hole drives one....

Sorta like that, huh???

All this talk of Omegas and Novas and Ventures made me think of an old buddy who used to have a Chevy Laguna. Painted on the back was a small mural with Laguna Sunrise on it. It was another Chevelle, Nova, Omega, Venture, Apollo ... Duster type car. They all looked the same back then. :)

-
Back