Noob conversion kit question

-

75hang10

Reaction score
OK - I'm shopping around for Disc Brake conversion kits and I'm having a tough time finding anything for the 73-76 a-bodies (dart sport/duster). I want a kit because I want to make darn sure I have EVERYTHING and the junk yards around me don't seem to have anything for old mopars EVER.

So do they not make 73-76 a-body conversion kits or do I just suck at the interwebs? Is it because so many cars from 73-76 came with stock disc brakes? Will the <'72 kits work on a 73-76?

Please help a confused noob to pull his head from his arse and see the light.

OK - I'm shopping around for Disc Brake conversion kits and I'm having a tough time finding anything for the 73-76 a-bodies (dart sport/duster). I want a kit because I want to make darn sure I have EVERYTHING and the junk yards around me don't seem to have anything for old mopars EVER.

So do they not make 73-76 a-body conversion kits or do I just suck at the interwebs? Is it because so many cars from 73-76 came with stock disc brakes? Will the <'72 kits work on a 73-76?

Please help a confused noob to pull his head from his arse and see the light.
If you are willing to wait a few weeks I will be selling the whole disc set-up off of my car with spindles and a disc master cylinder that has about 3000 miles on it. The only thing you will need is the hard metal lines. It's off of a 1974 Plymouth Scamp and as far as I know it's the factory set-up.

I'll sell you a disc brake setup from my '75 Dart if you like. You can come down and help me take it apart so you can see where everything goes :-D!

There are tons of kits for the 73+ knuckles. Virtually everyone makes a kit that would fit. Street kits, road race kits, drag race kits, etc.

For that matter, if you want to do something on the cheap, you can simply take F/M/J body spindles out of a junkyard and bolt them on. Put everything from ball joint to ball joint on there - or you could use the larger rotors and caliper brackets from '75 and later B-bodies.

Any of the replies offering parts from anywhere Massachusetts? I've been able to find a little more info which has helped. Thanks for the replies!

-
Back