Noobie saying hello. 72 duster owner pics and info.

-

get dustd

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is joe and im near chicago,im sure i will be on here very often. My first car was a 73 charger that i got when i was 16 so i was on dodgecharger.com usually. Last year i sold that car because i was frustrated with the wieght and bought a 72 duster roller that im building a street/strip car out of. I just thought to look for an A body forumn so here i am.

The car im building is B-5 blue with a 10 piont roll bar. Its mini tubbed with the springs moved in. its gota full caltracs setup including the springs lowered 2" and a narrowed ford 9" rear end in it currently with 315/60 drag radials on pro stars. I have a turbo400 trans with an adapter plate to BB chrysler with a brake and mvb. I am currently almost done with the engine I have a 72 400 block modified with billet side bolt mains and hard block up to the top of the freeze plugs. Its got and eagle 4.150 stroke crank 440 source H beam rods and custom diamond pistons at 4.375 bore. That comes out to almost 500" I have indy 440ez-1 heads that i ported and put alot of work into. The long block is pretty much done I just have to pick out an oil pan and valve covers and then it goes on the dyno. I work at an engine shop called opel engineering and we do mostly chrysler stuff so if anyone in the area needs motor work done check out the website.
http://www.opelengineering.com/

I have some pics that are sorta old but ill post them so you guys can see the car. I have a delema with the front end reguarding brakes and suspension but ill find the tech section for that.

PICT1250.jpg

PICT1260.jpg

PICT1709.jpg

PICT1710.jpg

im not sure where that is...I can walk to woodfield mall if you know where that is.

Welcome Joe!!! that sure is a dandy duster!! :thumbup:
Do you know you found the best site going.
Glad you found fabo!!
Just jump on in and enjoy the fun :toothy7:

Welcome to the best Abody site around Joe. Nice ride you have. That 500 cubes should propell you down the 1320 in good time! Pics look good you are doing a nice job!

Welcome Joe, looks like a great project that your working on. You can get alot of info from this site.

sounds good because I bought the car In pieces and i have no idea how the front end and grille assembly go together.

-
Back