Norton anyone???

-

ChazRam

1964 Valiant V200
Reaction score
Took this pic in Middleton Wisconsin right by where I deliver. Its a Norton 850 Commando. Radical springer, custom rear fender and seat, lots of chrome, and a paint job so deep you could fall into. Not my style but its a neat 'bobber' for someone. Did not see how much they wanted for it. I would hate to have to find repair parts for this one!!
Chas.

By the way, check out that late 90s chevy truck in the backround. It has one of them 64/66 chevy truck conversion kits on it. Kind of cool!!!

Attachments

• 036.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 191
The 850 Commando was a healthy running bike. Choppers aren't my style but I do love British bikes. I had a 65 Triumph 650 tiger when I was a kid. Man I'd love to have it back. Finding parts were the only drawback but we didn't have the net back then.

I didn't know they had the 64-66 conversion for Chevy trucks but it doesn't surprise me. If it's a Chevy you can generally find anything for it.

Sorry guys, but that's a crime against motorcycling... I'd kill for a sweet 850 Commando fastback - they're not common enough to do that to!

You don't see that done to Commandos very often. Because of the frame on them, its not easy to do and also because it was never that kind of bike. Hopefully that was done a long time ago before it was a "frowned upon". I recall there was a company that rebuilt them to more modern high performance standards out there but Commandos in stock form are great. I had this '71 a while back. it had the Dunstall 810 kit and was a blast.

Attachments

• 103-0370_IMG.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 146
My brother traded a 750 Commando and 1000.00 dollars for a 72 Scamp and a brand new 380 crate motor w/eddy heads.It is now a 408 to be in my dart this winter.

You don't see that done to Commandos very often. Because of the frame on them, its not easy to do and also because it was never that kind of bike. Hopefully that was done a long time ago before it was a "frowned upon". I recall there was a company that rebuilt them to more modern high performance standards out there but Commandos in stock form are great. I had this '71 a while back. it had the Dunstall 810 kit and was a blast.

Sweet bike.:thumrigh: I like them looking stock much better.

Okay, heres the 'skinny' as I delivered right by this place today and stopped to talk to the gent who has it. I was wrong, it is a 750 not and 850. Its a 73. It was modified years ago. You cant tell but thats an early 80s Yamaha Maxim or Virago gas tank on the bike. This bike has a pretty fresh motor on it and is said to run and handle like a dream. This is not the only one there. There is a radical hardtail chopped Triumph 650 inside his place along with a couple of more Nortons (one a pretty much stock 850 Commando and some Harleys too. This bike is set at $4,500.00 obo. I tok a few more pictures and got a close up of that paint job. It is a decent bike overall and is surely a one of a kind. The guy is going to do some striping on my car if I can get it 150 miles up there before the snow flies.
Chas.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 012.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 66
  • 013.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 014.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 015.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the extra pics, mate - I still don't like it!!

684mulas - The company you're thinking of is probably "Norvil" - They'll build you a brand new Commando, and the price isn't extortionate!

Or you can buy a new Norton 961 Commando, like this:

122_1006_01_o+norton_961_cafe_racer+left_side_view.jpg

Hot, but many $s.

-
Back