Norwalk World of Mopar.

-

TimS

Reaction score
Anyone know if there is pre-registration for the fun field at the Norwalk show in September? Don't see that on the Flier.

Wish it was this weekend. I'm camping 12 miles from there. Trying to arrange a meeting with one of a few C body parts people for my son's project but they're all at the nats. Got 2 that claim to have a windshield for his car nearby (Murray Park is about 14 miles west, went thru his town on way here/ but he's already in Columbus) but both are at the nats a couple of hours away, both want to meet up with me Sunday after they get home, which if I wait around for that I won't be home and unloaded in time for work Monday..... Arrrrgh

Yep. Quick call to them revealed no pre-registration for fun field. 1st come 1st serve, I guess.

Last edited:
June 22-24. I'll bump this to the top.There's plenty of room on the showfield. It's shaping up to be more of a race than a show but it's all Mopar. We got bumped for a truck pull last summer but the Baders will make it up this year.

This has been on my calendar since it was announced but I'm going to LA for Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival. Just can't pass up the opportunity to see so many great artists.

I thought it was this September sometime? Not next June

. I've never been to this Norwalk event.
I think there have been issues with promotion in the past, but for the most parts, fans would never know it, even way back. Two years ago there was an issue and therefore, no event last year. This year, for the first time ever, no promoter from what I understand, and the event will be run by Bader's themselves, meaning just put on by the track itself. Never been done that way before, as far as I know. It used to be called "Mopar Weekend?" and it was the "Chrysler Classic" before that...... so you may have seen those events at other tracks as well, from here to Indy and further west.

I think there have been issues with promotion in the past, but for the most parts, fans would never know it, even way back. Two years ago there was an issue and therefore, no event last year. This year, for the first time ever, no promoter from what I understand, and the event will be run by Bader's themselves, meaning just put on by the track itself. Never been done that way before, as far as I know. It used to be called "Mopar Weekend?" and it was the "Chrysler Classic" before that...... so you may have seen those events at other tracks as well, from here to Indy and further west.

Actually it was called “ Monster Mopar” the last few years. It was moved from the current date to late July the last few years…. Which worked well as the weather is more predictable in late July.
There were issues with the ex promoter, thus the Baders took it over themselves
Dragway 42 jumped in and did a Mopar event last year during the old date at Norwalk( late July), so it kinda forced Norwalk’s hand to return the event to September.
This all said, I expect it to be excellent. Vader’s know what they are doing!

I spent most of the day at Norwalk today. It was really good! I'm not a drag racer, so I can't speak to that, but it was fun to watch and there was a bunch of racers with nice equipment. Kids had fun at the candy scramble. The fun field was a little thin, which surprised me since it was the best deal to get families in the gate. Naturally, I parked in the designated A-body area. I picked up some nice stuff at the swap meet area and found the prices reasonable. The swap area wasn't packed like the Nats, but there was stuff for any project. They announced dates for 2024 as September 19, 20, 21, 22. I'll be there. I recommend putting it on your list too. That facility is top notch and so well organized and staffed.

I spent most of the day at Norwalk today. It was really good!
We spent most of the day there too, just spectating unfortunately, and I'm off to work this Sunday morning. :(

The weather this weekend is absolutely top-notch for an event like this....you can not ask for more.

Anybody considering it should go today by all means if you love racing. I thought the car show side and the swap meet were lacking.... but thats just comparing to years past. I'd say that's what happens when you skip a year. The car show still had a very even representation as always, and we even learned that they're making a Challenger Convertible this year.... I absolutely did not know that was in the works!!! They should have done it as soon as the second generations came out, IMO.

Racers were not put off by the fact that it was a Bader inaugural event. They have come out in droves!! The competition was awesome all day yesterday, and I'm sure it will be today. We saw a '67 Cuda (Wheatcraft??) bust a tie rod end loose coming down off his launch wheelie!! He did an admirable job controlling the car back down to a stop, preventing damage to his car as he was edging to the wall, and heading into the wrong lane. Luckily everyone came out safe and that beautiful machine did not suffer body damage. Looked like a "pants filling" moment to me!

There was serious doorslammer racing going all day, and very little track cleaning which is awesome. Track was well-prepped before the start of each major class event. Some classes were 1/8 mile but the Nostalgia and Hemi SS classes remained 1/4 mile.... great stuff. Many, many A, B and E bodied racers to watch, and smattering of other rides including a few Mopar powered oddities.... Anyway, hopefully, the first of many shows like this, and I think the Bader's would chalk it up as a success. I always feel blessed knowing we have two top-drawer tracks very close to me when so many folks are losing their local venues all the time.

This event has always been a racing first, everything else second type event.
Glad it’s still that way, I won’t miss next year.

Glad to hear Norwalk is back. Is the dollar a pound ice cream still a thing ? or is it two bucks now.

Glad to hear Norwalk is back. Is the dollar a pound ice cream still a thing ? or is it two bucks now.

Not sure what price is currently , but they finally stopped the dollar a pound deal.
was an article I read about it a while back. Track owner said it was costing them a small fortune and they had to stop doing it. I believe him

Actually it was called “ Monster Mopar” the last few years. It was moved from the current date to late July the last few years…. Which worked well as the weather is more predictable in late July.
There were issues with the ex promoter, thus the Baders took it over themselves
Dragway 42 jumped in and did a Mopar event last year during the old date at Norwalk( late July), so it kinda forced Norwalk’s hand to return the event to September.
This all said, I expect it to be excellent. Vader’s know what they are doing!
Just fyi its the Bader family

Great weekend at Norwalk, we had a blast. Got into the money rounds Friday and Sunday. Car went a new best as well.

IMG_0694.jpeg

Great time this past weekend. Hoping for bigger and better things for next years trip to Norwalk.

-
Back