NOS Offy Offenhauser barracuda lancer dart valiant 170 225 dual carb intake manifold

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklacarcollecto

Life is an experiment
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
NOS Buy It Now $315 Make Offer on eBay. Mandan, North Dakota

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Offy-Of...t=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

$(KGrHqN,!jcE5,uStOkkBOb4FgN+R!~~60_12.JPG

I know ebay, aka, fee-bay is expensive. If those figures are true it is alarming. Still, there may be a need for using e-bay for certain items, because the audience is world wide. For example, I have some very rare vintage speed equipment (OHV conversion) for a Model T (ok laugh, but we are talking about $8k), and I floated the prospect of selling on a Model T forum. The prospects that responded are from Australia, New Zealand and the UK. The value of the dollar is making for good leverage on their part. Overseas may be the best bet for some high ticket items.

You can say what you want about e-bay costs but overall the extra money that some items bring will definately outweigh the costs associated with selling there. If you are selling everyday items like intakes,rods,pistons etc that are available off the shelf then e-bay is a bust but when you are selling rare or oddball items e-bay is THE place to get rid of it. Its funny how many people dont know that Offenhauser still makes and sells everything that they ever made. In some cases it aint cheap but it kills me to go to swap meets and see guys telling you how rare this and that Offy part is and asking astronomical prices for them.One guy I can remember in particular had the same slant six intake at the Mopar Nats for 5 different years asking $400 for it. Looks like after that much time somebody would have told him you could buy them new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back