Nos?????

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
I'm bidding on a water neck elbow on eBay that was listed as

1961 PLYMOUTH VALIANT 1962 1963 VALIANT PLYMOUTH DODGE
NOS WATER NECK ELBOW PART # 2121 524

I asked the guy if that was aluminum or cast and he says it is aluminum. If it is aluminum, wouldn't that make it an aftermarket replacement piece and not NOS?

I haven't looked up that part no. to see if it is correct, but it doesn't look like a Chrysler part number (I'm not saying it isn't).
But it can still be a N(ew) O(ld) S(tock) part, but not necessarely an OEM part, it could be an aftermarket.
You really have to be carefull on ebay, ask questions, and analize before buying.

Good luck.

I did a google with that part number and found another ebayer selling a cast one, and has the same numbers.

I'm bidding on a water neck elbow on eBay that was listed as

1961 PLYMOUTH VALIANT 1962 1963 VALIANT PLYMOUTH DODGE
NOS WATER NECK ELBOW PART # 2121 524

I asked the guy if that was aluminum or cast and he says it is aluminum. If it is aluminum, wouldn't that make it an aftermarket replacement piece and not NOS?

Most, if not all Mopar t-stat housing were aluminum, not cast iron. The housing on one of my Valiants has the numbers 2121 524 on one line, the next line is 09104. Also on the housing is "made in canada", and the Chrysler logo. See it the picture shows the logo.

Cant see a logo on it anywhere: Here is the pic

769a_1.jpg

-
Back