Nostalgia P/S Duster

-

hemicop

Reaction score
I'm looking to do a copy of Bobby Yowell's P/S Duster that S&M built for him. Anyone have any detailed pics of the car (interior, engine bay, airbrushing) or know what copy of SS&DI it was in? He was good enough to send me some PR pics of the car but I'd really like to get some others as I'd like to do it right.

xscuseless-gif.gif

If he had pics he wouldnt be posting looking for pics ..

Is my guess ????

I agree. Which is EXACTLY why I'm looking for pics. The thing is:
P/S was faaaaaaar different than, say post 1980. early P/S was actually a mix of M/P, S/S and to some degree the Gasser classes. The car I'm hoping to emulate was a (for the day) purpose built class car that had a different paint scheme, even for THAT era. Hence the search for help...…...

Would weeding through this be of any help? Unfortunately, many posting members or photos are no longer active. But you could join & inquire.

70's & 80's Pro Stockers - CLASS RACER FORUM

More vintage Pro Stock (C body Bob is still active.)

Hemi Fred from moparts had a huge collection of photos & info, but I don't know what happened to it all since he passed away.

Last edited:
Why dont you post the pics you have so we'll know what we're lookin for?

Contacting the manufacturer of the die-cast replica models (Ertl / MIC) may provide some leads to to the people who own the rights to the name, car, etc. as well as original photos & other info on some or all of his cars.

7207sstock_z.jpg

Available at:
Super Stock and Drag Illustrated Magazines

Last edited:
The second one is the one I'd like to replicate. And yes, it was a S&M "customer car" as was Ronnie Lyles, Rufus Boyd & several others.

-
Back