Not A-Body, But Someone Rescue This Plymouth

-
went to a small ( about 50 cars) park & shine today...every 40's and early 50's cars & rods HAD SBC's...so I finally asked..WHY?!?!? every single one of them said because they are like belly buttons and they are CHEEP....and they have a point...SB mopars are not real plentiful NOR are they cheap as in anywhere NEAR as cheap as a chevy motor, OR all the goodies you can get for a chevy motor CHEEP.....

:banghead:
went to a small ( about 50 cars) park & shine today...every 40's and early 50's cars & rods HAD SBC's...so I finally asked..WHY?!?!? every single one of them said because they are like belly buttons and they are CHEEP....and they have a point...SB mopars are not real plentiful NOR are they cheap as in anywhere NEAR as cheap as a chevy motor, OR all the goodies you can get for a chevy motor CHEEP.....

If I could, I would buy it, and take out the pigs heart and replace it with the real deal, mopar small block or maybe even an early hemi? SOMEBODY RESCUE IT.:violent1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1933...8?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item336b295d56#v4-39

By all means, try it. But don't get mad when i laugh that you have a very hard time fitting it. SBC's are used in those old cars because most of those old cars came in Inline engines. So they have narrow engine bays and people like to use narrowest engines in these custom builds to save some unnecessary headaches.

I'd love to have it but that would be a long drive back to San Diego! Doesn't a '33 have the swoopy grille in the front....kinda like the Ferd that year? I'd want fenders and hood top too....they just don't look finished without them.

Ya get what you pay for. Chebys are cheap for a reason. I hate that also. when I was building my 68 dart, it took me 2 years to find the right 340 block to build. Friend of mind keep trying to tell me drop a 350 in it. No way in hell do you put Cheby in a MOPAR. Raises the puck factor 200%.

I agree that small block chevys are boaring but unfortunatly you can build 2 sb chevys for the cost of a stock rebuild of 1 early hemi. Also you can buy brackets and adaptors to put a sbc into just about anything so this lets those who dont have the equipment or ability to fabricate stuff simply bolt in their little cookie cutter small blocks.
Those velour seats would be the first thing to come off that car if it were mine followed by that cookie cutter sbc.

My wifes 41 Chrysler has a 350 in it, not my choice, as we bought it like that, as soon as it decides to blow up, its getting a mopar plant.

I'm old school and anil chevys get chevys, fords get fords, mopars get mopars if you can't keep it pure then don't build it [oddball brands thats ok].Chevys are cheeper to build as stated that's why i love mopar yes it's expensive but they draw attention anywhere they go and thats the reason there so few because us mopar lovers don't have enough cash to save them all, i have had a speed shop owner tell us mopar guys he did not envy us, cause we have mopars and because of the expence that's why he built a chevy. I would love to fill my shop with mopars but too little money and time.

Old School X2 - I think it certainly would be a challenge to put an early hemi in that 33, but it sure would be sweet. However, doesn't "hot rodding" define good old Yankee Ingenuity? And if it was only about what I could do cheaply, I would be a chevy guy, or not a hot rodder at all?? But I am a mopar guy, love my mopars and it seems like I do EVERYTHING the hard way anyhow. BTW, I have seen early hemis shoehorned into some pretty crazy rides.

Any photos of the 41 Chrysler? My buddy had 39 Chrysler and what a cool car. Sold it to another friend of ours, who immediately totaled it.

-
Back