not a body related but mopar

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
Ok I was wanting to know if anyone know about the NP208 transfer case. The t case in my truck 84 w150 work fine other then it will not go into 4lo. I have read how to adjust the linkage but also read that in these t cases if 4 lo is not used often it can rust and not allow it to work. When I first bought the truck it had gear oil in it and was about 2 quarts low. I drained and refilled with the recommended fluid.

Disconnect the shifter and see if you can move the lever on the t case through all it's ranges, block the wheels because if put the t case in neutral the truck will roll. Two quarts low on that transfer case is just about empty.

agreed, two quarts low is empty. should be atf, not gear oil. the low range fork is wore out.

Now I don't know if Chrysler is like GM in this way. I'm certainly not saying this is what you should do. I've seen GM owners kick the shift lever into 4 low range and afterwards it worked fine. Around here it rarely snows so there's a bunch of 4X4 s on the streets that never get exercised.

it held about 3.5 qts of atf when I refilled it I also herd just slamming it into gear fixes it. I am going to try adjusting the shifter first when I get the time.

-
Back