Not a fun night!!

-

Denvermike

Reaction score
I have been on a Lung transplant list for about six months. Last Sunday at about 4PM I got a call from the Hospital. They said they had a donor and I needed to start for the Hospital. My daughter gave me a ride and my son met us there. I called my wife to tell her the good news. She is at in-patient rehab for a total knee. I went thru all the needed stuff. About 9:30 PM I has taken to pre-op. About 12:30 AM, the Doc came out and told me I was going home. When he inspected the donor lung he saw signs of pneumonia. Needless to say that made it junk. I know this can happen, but it is still quite a let down! Lots of people wait a lot longer or never get one. Next time when my wife is with me it will be a go.
Every one stay safe and have a good holiday!!!
Mike

Dang! I'm sure that was quite a let down. The fact that the doc rejected it, would up my confidence in him. If he was only in it for the money, he might have just sloshed some Mucinex around in it and said lets go! Not trying to make light of your situation with a silly comment like that.....just injecting some humor to make you laugh a little. :) Hope you and your wife both get to doing better real soon.

Dang! I'm sure that was quite a let down. The fact that the doc rejected it, would up my confidence in him. If he was only in it for the money, he might have just sloshed some Mucinex around in it and said lets go! Not trying to make light of your situation with a silly comment like that.....just injecting some humor to make you laugh a little. :) Hope you and your wife both get to doing better real soon.
saying a prayer for you.

Damn, so close and then you get sent home. That's a serious bummer dude.
Hang in there, hopefully they will find you a good one.

Wow, you are very calm, cool, and collected! I'd be a "nancy" about it. Good luck to you! And I'll keep you and yours on my prayer list.

-
Back