Not a Mopar but I was wondering....

-

75slant6

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
...what would cause a vehicle to not run after it was run out of gas then had gas put in? Fuel pump happened to go out from the heat?

The reason I'm asking, I buy cheap cars, when I have the money, to part out or if I can, fix and sell. I found a 95 Isuzu Trooper ls 4x4 5 speed with 190,000 miles, clear title for $500. Now, if I can't fix it I can part it out but if I can fix it I can generate a better, quicker profit with MUCH less work. So, what could cause this?

Could have picked up crud from the bottom of the tank and plugged the fuel filter, or sucked up water from the tank and will not run because of it! Those would be my guesses, but I'm no "Isuzu guru"!! Try saying that 3 times fast!!!

I would say the electric fuel pump is screwed. Either trash or overheated. This happens often on all sorts of vehicles.
Open the filler neck, stick a ear near it and have someone cycle the ignition switch. You should hear the pump run briefly.

Also some pumps loose their prime and need to be primed again.
If you have the owners manual, it may say something about that!

Good luck!
cudamike13

kick the tank and see if it starts, if it does replace the pump, if not the pump could still be bad, also check the pump relay.

-
Back