Not a mopar but still need help

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
95 ford explorer. O/D is flashing on and off put it in drive goes nowhere put it 1st then 2nd then drive goes just fine. What's up with it?

Haven't checked it. Bought it for 500 bucks from a friend who I lived with. Check that soon as I get off work

Driving it now. The o/d light is no longer flashing but still shifts hard. Will have to check fluids tomarrow when it's daylight

First hand experience digging into them, and dealing with them, if it fails it's not really a surprise.

What would be cheaper. Buying a new tranny or dropping a slanty into my duster. All it needs is a motor tranny driveshaft battery alternator and radiator

These intermittent problems can be as simple as shift linkage worn through a wire.
In many cases a trans service shop has seen the same conditions often enough to know exactly where the problem is.
Here is a good example... trans rebuild in my bros Mustang cost 900.00. If he had went to anyone and had it diagnosed rather than continuing to drive it, replacing a 25 cent bushing in the throttle pressure linkage up at the throttle body could have saved the trans and the 900 bucks. The failed plastic bushing was replaced with one made of bronze so the same failure wont happen again. We live and learn.
Good luck with it.

-
Back