-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macha

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Alright, here's the deal. I found a SWEET little '71 Demon out in Cali that I would love to get (current owner is the 2nd owner... *drool!*). Problem is, as usual, I need some money first. So, after much painful deliberation, I've decided that my two non-Mopars need to go.

First up is a 1965 Chevy Corvair Monza convertible. Currently in black primer with a ripped up (formerly) white top. It does have some bondo in the driver-side fender, not sure how much or where else there might be more lurking. There's a rust hole in the rear near the battery, and a small line in the trunk along the pass. side wheel well, though both have been coated with rust preventer, so they haven't spread. I do have a brand new roof kit (boot, vinyl windshield, should include everything you'd need; about $500 value) that's sitting in the back seat right now, hasn't been touch except to lay it all flat and check it out. The engine, original #-matching, is good, except for a pulley that recently broke (think it was the harmonic balancer, but I don't know as much about this stuff as I'd like to). Not sure of the displacement on the engine, but it's advertised at 110hp and is completely air-cooled, no radiator to leak. Transmission is an automatic that's located on the dash, rather than the steering column or floor. ('Park', however, is accomplished the same as a manual trans, go figure.) The carbs are the original Rochesters, copper service tags still intact and everything. They were recently cleaned and rebuilt, so they're good to go. Interior is in good condition except for some heavy carpet wear under the pedals and slight paint chipping on the dash. I'm selling this locally, too, and asking $2500 but since I love you guys so much, I'll start asking at $2000. A good home goes a long way to me, as I love my crotchety old man, but I've got to find a new home for him. This would be a great starting point for a project, as there's not too much that needs to be done to get this car looking and running good. 8)

Whew... next up: 1969 Ford Mustang Grande. If I'm reluctant to sell the 'Vair, I'm really reluctant to give up this baby. She's got her original 351 Windsor that was rebuilt in '97 or '98 (it's starting to knock just a little at startup, towards the rear on the driver's side) topped with a Holley 650cfm 4bbl carb. Transmission is automatic, an aftermarket Ford that's not original to the car. Starter and starter solenoid have been recently replaced, though there is still an occasional issue with startup in hot weather. Thinking it's a loose ground wire or something. Paint is a really nice black with metallic flake that just glows in the sunlight and a white vinyl roof. Interior sports original seats and dash with new carpet, headliner, Grant steering wheel w/ Mustang horn cap, JVC Kameleon CD player and Kenwood 6x9s in the rear dash. Wiring for a subwoofer is already in place in the trunk, too. It has around 119-120k miles on it (can't say exactly, as I still drive this every other day or so). Locally advertised price is $10,000 OBO, but for y'all I'll start at $9500.

The looks I get in both of these cars are fantastic, which makes it even harder to see them go. But if you know anyone who might be interested, just drop me a line or have them email me, and help Macha bring another Demon to the Midwest! :love7:

Pics of both cars can be found at my CarDomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/id/WolfKitty
More pics are available via email if desired. Thanks for looking!!!

Cool Corvair convert, that will be a keeper when done up. Good luck with your sales and getting the Demon in your driveway.

Heh thanks. I really wish I could keep both these cars. Like I said, they may not be Mopars, but they're still fun to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back