Not an A-Body, but has a slant 6

-

wayneswirld2

I need a vacation...
Reaction score
Hey y'all, sorry for posting this HERE at FABO, but since I'm a member and we're gonna use this to tow the Valiant to the race track I figured it would be acceptable....

We just bought a 1965 Dodge D200 Crew Cab Utiline truck with a 225 slant and 4 speed....can't wait to see the 1965 Valiant drag car on a trailer behind it!

First order of business is installing a "new" (as in came out of a running truck) slant 6 in it, getting the brakes squared away, and makin' sure she'll stop when I need her to!

Hasn't run in I don't know how many years, but I'd love to have it on the road by the first weekend of April for the Lonestar Roundup here in Austin. Wish me luck.

Wayne

Attachments

• D200 and slant 6 004.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 211
  • D200 and slant 6 008.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 223
  • D200 left rear.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 207
Cool...I didn't know they even had crew cabs back then.....will be a nice and scarce tow vehicle.

You're in the wrong place!! This should be in the "for sale" forum.:happy8: I would love that truck!!=D>

Blue valve cover? Must have been on the road since what...at least 70, eh?

Congrats on the new truck. Looks like the engine is a later 70-up style with that valve cover. Shouldn't be too hard finding a decent slant to replace it.

that is gotta be one of the coolest trucks i have seen in a long time. that would make a cool retro racecar hauler!

Congrats on the new truck. Looks like the engine is a later 70-up style with that valve cover. Shouldn't be too hard finding a decent slant to replace it.

also look at the temp sender... its a later one (small)

awesome truck! my dad has a 78 crew cab with a 440! got to love the room!

-
Back